Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Lounge In DXB

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2021, 12:53 am
Original Poster

Which Lounge In DXB

I have an upcoming Turkish Airlines flight which used to give access to the Ahlan Lounge when T1 was open. Now since all departures are from T3, which lounge would Turkish (or other) business passengers get access to? I guess Marhaba in Concourse B?

In that case, I'd probably opt for Lounge @ B instead with Priority Pass/LoungeKey instead or, as has been the case during the pandemic, arrive last minute & avoid lounges all together. Still curious though.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 7:24 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally posted in the EK Forum but moved to the TK Forum where other TK flyers should be able to help
Old Mar 24, 2021, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Saltire74
Originally posted in the EK Forum but moved to the TK Forum where other TK flyers should be able to help
Why? One of the very first posts on that exact thread was about a flight with Swiss. This question isn’t exactly about TK, but more about DXB and it also applies to Singapore airlines and any other airline which would normally send their J passengers to Ahlan Lounge in DXB.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 8:22 am

Programs: TK EP, AF Platinum for life, something in Oneworld not worth to mention...
Originally Posted by katofunanori
I have an upcoming Turkish Airlines flight which used to give access to the Ahlan Lounge when T1 was open. Now since all departures are from T3, which lounge would Turkish (or other) business passengers get access to? I guess Marhaba in Concourse B?.
Are you sure T1 is not open?
Old Mar 24, 2021, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
In normal cases, queries regarding airports ( if it's not regarding a specific airline ) are discussed at the relevant destination forum rather than the forum of the airline that uses the airport as a hub. So anything related to DXB ( not airline specific ) should be posted in the "Middle East" forum rather than the EK forum. Same applies for IST when the query is irrespective with TK; that's why we have threads related to IST in the "Europe" forum.

For your question regarding TK, I am not 100% sure about DXB, but for most outstations, TK didn't make arrangements with alternative lounges during the change of their operating terminal or when their originally contracted lounge is closed. Plus, there is no official page on the TK website that states outstation contract lounges so unless someone has flown this route recently, it would be impossible to get data.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 8:58 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by katofunanori
Why? One of the very first posts on that exact thread was about a flight with Swiss. This question isn’t exactly about TK, but more about DXB and it also applies to Singapore airlines and any other airline which would normally send their J passengers to Ahlan Lounge in DXB.
In that post you have referenced, the poster asked about paying for EK Lounge access. ISTFlyer has very kindly explained below (and above) where it is best to post specific questions about airlines or airports.
As your post was specifically about TK lounge provisions at an outstation, this is the forum with the best chance of an accurate answer.

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
In normal cases, queries regarding airports ( if it's not regarding a specific airline ) are discussed at the relevant destination forum rather than the forum of the airline that uses the airport as a hub. So anything related to DXB ( not airline specific ) should be posted in the "Middle East" forum rather than the EK forum. Same applies for IST when the query is irrespective with TK; that's why we have threads related to IST in the "Europe" forum.

For your question regarding TK, I am not 100% sure about DXB, but for most outstations, TK didn't make arrangements with alternative lounges during the change of their operating terminal or when their originally contracted lounge is closed. Plus, there is no official page on the TK website that states outstation contract lounges so unless someone has flown this route recently, it would be impossible to get data.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 1:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Saltire74
As your post was specifically about TK lounge provisions at an outstation, this is the forum with the best chance of an accurate answer.
My post was specifically about lounges for "Turkish (or other) business passengers" and I would argue that there are a lot more users on the EK forum who fly out of DXB with other airlines these days than users on the TK forum who fly out of DXB these days.

Anyway, the answer is Marhaba Lounge in T3. Or Lounge @ B in T3 if you have Priority Pass/LoungeKey. Plaza Premium in T3 which also used to give Priority Pass/LoungeKey access is closed.

Originally Posted by kaspars
Are you sure T1 is not open?
T1 is open but only airside & the lounges aren't open.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.