Wiki Posts
Search

TK checked luggage delay

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2020, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
TK checked luggage delay

Hello. *GOLD Economy class traveler flying MIA to IST. yesterday. 2 of 3 bags delayed upon arrival. TK reports expected arrival of delayed bags in 4 days (TK78 doesn't operate daily).
Documentation filed at IST.
What can I expect from TK for 4 day luggage delay?
Is this a losing battle?
Thank you.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by cagcag
Hello. *GOLD Economy class traveler flying MIA to IST. yesterday. 2 of 3 bags delayed upon arrival. TK reports expected arrival of delayed bags in 4 days (TK78 doesn't operate daily).
Documentation filed at IST.
What can I expect from TK for 4 day luggage delay?
Is this a losing battle?
Thank you.
Good luck expecting some compensation from TK.
Unless you fill out multiple feedback forms and asking for your expenses, you would automatically get nothing from TK.
Also, if they lose your baggage by any chance, get prepared for a really funny offer from TK.

By the way, if you have travel insurance that might help.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 2:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
These things happen. It’s a pain but a fact of life. Your travel insurance will probably sort you out with essentials, and TK will likely pick up the balance for anything you need to buy, within reason.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
These things happen. It’s a pain but a fact of life. Your travel insurance will probably sort you out with essentials, and TK will likely pick up the balance for anything you need to buy, within reason.
London. Thanks for your prompt reply. In fact, zi wasn't expecting anything more from THY.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Good luck expecting some compensation from TK.
Unless you fill out multiple feedback forms and asking for your expenses, you would automatically get nothing from TK.
Also, if they lose your baggage by any chance, get prepared for a really funny offer from TK.

By the way, if you have travel insurance that might help.
iSTFlyer. Thanks again for your prompt reply.
I'll try travel insurance for a few kuruş.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 7:25 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
TK lost my bag only once and after some fights they gave me USD 150 for one day delay. The insurance path may indeed be easier...
DaveS likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Arriving into LAX many years ago without luggage yielded USD 100 - not in cash and I had to write several emails afterwards to receive the remittance from TK.

My travel insurance took care of the receipts I collected during the 2 days it took for the luggage to arrive, so USD 100 from TK was a bonus /for the inconvenience.
DaveS likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 10:00 am

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
When TK lost our bags for 4 and a half days this year, we went shopping to get some cheap clothing to sustain our trip and they ended up reimbursing each of us $250 as we made separate claims. We were in Business if it makes a difference. Their communication regarding delays was atrocious. if we didnt put up a huge fuss I am not sure anyone would ever get a hold of us.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 2:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Arriving into LAX many years ago without luggage yielded USD 100 - not in cash and I had to write several emails afterwards to receive the remittance from TK.

My travel insurance took care of the receipts I collected during the 2 days it took for the luggage to arrive, so USD 100 from TK was a bonus /for the inconvenience.
Thanks for the reply. To whom did you address the emails, please? I can't locate an email address for baggage irregularities.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by asnovici
When TK lost our bags for 4 and a half days this year, we went shopping to get some cheap clothing to sustain our trip and they ended up reimbursing each of us $250 as we made separate claims. We were in Business if it makes a difference. Their communication regarding delays was atrocious. if we didnt put up a huge fuss I am not sure anyone would ever get a hold of us.
Thanks for the information. To whom did you address the emails requesting compensation?
I can't locate am email address for addressing baggage irregularities.
Thanks, again.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 1:00 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by cagcag
Thanks for the information. To whom did you address the emails requesting compensation?
I can't locate am email address for addressing baggage irregularities.
Thanks, again.
Its on their website via Feedback form
Old Dec 8, 2020, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by asnovici
Its on their website via Feedback form
Found it. Thanks
asnovici likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.