Wiki Posts
Search

Miles advance for elites?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2020, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Miles advance for elites?

I am 2500 miles short of an award I want. I recall elites were allowed to borrow up to 10K miles in the past.
I cannot find it anywhere on TK.com, nor the agent I talked to had any clue.

Is this benefit still around? Many thanks.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
There is a button for borrowing miles when booking a TK award via the mobile app.
I have just verified it as I tried to did a dummy booking, it works until the credit card payment page but I have no clue wheater it works after the payment and wheater the booking is ticketed and the miles are deducted properly.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 10:23 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
It also is definitely available through the normal website. Just select the flight you want, and you will see a screen pop up where you can choose between buying miles or borrowing them (credit).

This overdraft option will however only pop-up if the flight you want is within reach of what you are allowed to borrow. For elites that is 10,000 miles extra, for elite plus 15,000.

ISTFlyer and ericw like this.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Thank you so much! I totally missed that "credit" option. Either way, I was trying to book UA flights and the website would not let me book anyway.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
I have been presented the "credit" option for an award ticket I want to book as well. I may not earn the overdrafted miles back.

Does anybody know what the terms of this "credit" are? What happens if I never earn them back?
Old Dec 30, 2021, 5:02 pm

Programs: TK E+
I am also curious about the cost of 'borrow miles'.
Booked award tickets two days ago and was 1000 miles short, I decided to spend $30 buying them rather than borrowing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.