FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   IST-YVR Route Launch (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/2026775-ist-yvr-route-launch.html)

lsquare May 21, 2021 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by supatight80 (Post 33228659)
Flying IST YVR on May 9th, can't wait!

Comment on the flight?

lsquare May 21, 2021 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by toonomadic (Post 33269438)
Does anyone know what lounge TK uses at YVR?

Are they flying out of the international terminal? If so, the AC MLL? I don't know if it's opened during COVID.

toonomadic May 23, 2021 9:53 pm

Only MLL domestic is open, so I wondered if they replaced it with say, Plaza Premium, curious if anyone knows

lsquare May 23, 2021 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by toonomadic (Post 33273940)
Only MLL domestic is open, so I wondered if they replaced it with say, Plaza Premium, curious if anyone knows

I don't know if that is opened at the moment.

ISTFlyer May 24, 2021 12:41 am

I don't think TK has contracted any temporary lounge at YVR until the AC MLL at the international re-opens.
During COVID-era lounge closures, I didn't see TK contracting any third party lounge at any airport because all *A lounges at those airports are closed due to COVID. They also don't hand meal vouchers to eligible passengers.

lsquare May 24, 2021 12:57 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 33274138)
I don't think TK has contracted any temporary lounge at YVR until the AC MLL at the international re-opens.
During COVID-era lounge closures, I didn't see TK contracting any third-party lounge at any airport because all *A lounges at those airports are closed due to COVID. They also don't hand meal vouchers to eligible passengers.

That's pretty disappointing. I guess if the SkyTeam lounge and Plaza Premium are closed then the passenger is out of luck.

toonomadic May 24, 2021 11:35 am

Disappointing indeed. Still a month away from my flight so I'll have to watch if AC ramps up for summer service or anything, but I'm keeping expectations realistic.

Plaza premium in intl is only open Wed + Sats, so that's out

jjclancy Jun 1, 2021 3:12 pm

I'll find myself on this to get to Seattle ... because BA recently postponed DBV service. Seat map looks sparse so far.

Asquared1 Jun 13, 2021 8:46 am

I'm not flying until Oct (PDX-YVR-IST). Everything I'm seeing says I need to go through immigration in YVR to make transfer. If that's the case and the Int'l MLL is still closed, would I be able to use the domestic MLL (5.5 hour layover)?

toonomadic Jun 13, 2021 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Asquared1 (Post 33325034)
I'm not flying until Oct (PDX-YVR-IST). Everything I'm seeing says I need to go through immigration in YVR to make transfer. If that's the case and the Int'l MLL is still closed, would I be able to use the domestic MLL (5.5 hour layover)?

Likely No. Domestic is different terminal than international and transborder (US) and not linked.

ISTFlyer Jun 13, 2021 8:56 am

In theory, you could access the domestic MLL with your TK boarding pass, although security might not let you into the domestic terminal with a TK boarding pass.

I don't know the layout of YVR, so as toonomadic mentioned in the previous post, be prepared for a "No".

Asquared1 Jun 13, 2021 9:15 am

Do you end up landside after going through immigration (and another trip through security) or do they route you directly into Int'l terminal?

craigthemif Jun 13, 2021 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Asquared1 (Post 33325034)

IF you have to clear Canada immigration for a US to international connection, then that means that people are free to walk airside between the non-US side of the international terminal and the domestic terminal. (from where they could just walk outside - therefore the need for an immigration check) Therefore you could walk over to the domestic side and try...

But it's quite unlikely that landside security would let you enter the domestic terminal - they would direct you towards the international terminal. And who knows whether the domestic MLL would accept a TK boarding pass.

Asquared1 Jun 13, 2021 9:47 am

Things will definitely be different by the time I go (for better or worse), but the thought of 5.5 hours sitting in what I assume is a pretty deserted int'l terminal makes my backup DL/KL tix PDX-SEA-AMS-IST a viable option.

ISTFlyer Jun 13, 2021 9:50 am

Also a reminder that the AC schedules for October are placeholders. There might be schedule changes.

x4 daily PDX-YVR seems unrealistic especially when there is a hotel quarantine at Canada and when foreigners are not admitted into Canada.