Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Update-Video: How TK flights + turkish airports look today (video from a flight )

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Update-Video: How TK flights + turkish airports look today (video from a flight )

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2020, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK elite+(*gold), Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, (Ex-Hyatt Diamond/Globalist)
Unhappy Video-report: How TK flights + turkish airports look today = COVID-measures in place

That's how Ankara airport and medium haul flights (ESB-FRA) look today with COVID-measures in place, personal hygiene kit and "new" catering standards (oh how I'm going to miss the awesome meals even on short hauls)...
Video from security + waiting area + on board a TK flight taken yesterday (with turkish audio commentary, but the pictures speak for themselfs) - click the twitter link after the small plane icon to open the 3-minute video (on twitter, account from a German news agency):
daisymay2 likes this.

Last edited by zap7; Jun 18, 2020 at 2:25 pm Reason: I did link to a video on twitter, the link appeared in the preview but not in the actual post - official twitter site
Old Jun 18, 2020, 2:23 pm

Is this a Turkish Airlines plane itself? I see no IFE plus seat type looks very different
Old Jun 18, 2020, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK elite+(*gold), Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, (Ex-Hyatt Diamond/Globalist)
Originally Posted by fil_87
Is this a Turkish Airlines plane itself? I see no IFE plus seat type looks very different
Yep, one of thoose with old seats you hope not to receive on a fligth any more... I usually try to get an A330 to FRA/DUS to receive IFEs + just two seats in a row in Y (2-5-2) (I've never been to ESB, only IST/ADB/AYT/SAW).
I just realized LH is not selling first class any more for the next few months so they can use smaller / more uncomfortable planes, too :-(
Old Jun 18, 2020, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by fil_87
Originally Posted by zap7
Yep, one of thoose with old seats you hope not to receive on a fligth any more... I usually try to get an A330 to FRA/DUS to receive IFEs + just two seats in a row in Y (2-5-2) (I've never been to ESB, only IST/ADB/AYT/SAW).
I just realized LH is not selling first class any more for the next few months so they can use smaller / more uncomfortable planes, too :-(
To clarify this aircraft is not one of the older 737-800's of TK.
It is one of the aircraft leased from Norwegian in order to replace the 737-MAX aircraft while they are grounded.

These aircraft are generally used on AnadoluJet routes and the Ankara-Frankfurt route is now operated by AnadoluJet instead of Turkish Airlines.

I also have a review on this type of aircraft and it could be found here;
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32431372-post19.html
zap7 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.