Wiki Posts
Search

YQ on award ex manila?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2020, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
YQ on award ex manila?

I am looking at an award MNL-MAN with TK and when I search on the website there is availability but they are charging $250 taxes and fees (of which around $200 is YQ). I was under the impression that Philippines abolished YQ in 2015 and mate it illegal for airlines to charge them on their tickets. A revenue ticket on TK carries a $0 YQ. Is this a mistake on their award calculator?
Old Feb 17, 2020, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Never heard of the Philippines outlawing YQ. What's your source?
Old Feb 18, 2020, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
https://cnnphilippines.com/news/2019...surcharge.html
Old Feb 18, 2020, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Thanks for that. Hadn’t realised they had reintroduced YQ in mid 2019. Still seems to a bit strange to have YQ on awards but not on revenue tickets.

Looks like a barrel of fuel is 65USD right now which should equal no fuel surcharge allowed ex MNL according to that article although it is only up to Sept 2019.

Last edited by pogonation; Feb 18, 2020 at 6:45 pm
Old Feb 19, 2020, 10:00 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles
Originally Posted by pogonation
I am looking at an award MNL-MAN with TK and when I search on the website there is availability but they are charging $250 taxes and fees (of which around $200 is YQ). I was under the impression that Philippines abolished YQ in 2015 and mate it illegal for airlines to charge them on their tickets. A revenue ticket on TK carries a $0 YQ. Is this a mistake on their award calculator?
I'm looking at MNL-BHX in a short time. I am always amazed at how ex-MNL flights are mid hundred dollars more expensive than if I did an open jaw from Singapore...(like 800USD vs 1,400USD).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.