Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Turkish not seeing all United availability?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2020, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Bloggers correctly praise Turkish's remarkable award of US-Hawaii in coach for 7500 miles one way (or 12500 in business) at base award levels. Found a day with flights that work for me, using united.com award search. I'm a regular United member -- no elite status, no credit card -- so thought those flights should be available through Turkish. Alas, no -- keep getting told "Flight not found on the selected date and route. You can search for a new flight by changing this information." when I search.

I haven't heard of United releasing different inventory to different partners. Not like, say, SQ!

Any suggestions? Call Turkish rather than book through the web site?
Old Feb 3, 2020, 11:04 am

The call center is usually not very helpful. You can try one of the sale offices, they usually are competent with *A partner booking and some accept booking over the phone or via email.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
The website tool is only working for selected airlines and selected routes. You would need to consult a sales office to book that reservation.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 11:13 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by bedelman
Bloggers correctly praise Turkish's remarkable award of US-Hawaii in coach for 7500 miles one way (or 12500 in business) at base award levels. Found a day with flights that work for me, using united.com award search. I'm a regular United member -- no elite status, no credit card -- so thought those flights should be available through Turkish. Alas, no -- keep getting told "Flight not found on the selected date and route. You can search for a new flight by changing this information." when I search.

I haven't heard of United releasing different inventory to different partners. Not like, say, SQ!

Any suggestions? Call Turkish rather than book through the web site?
Did the flights you see are "saver award"? With the changes United made not every award you see is "saver". Only saver awards are open to other airlines.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
Did the flights you see are "saver award"? With the changes United made not every award you see is "saver". Only saver awards are open to other airlines.
To clarify, 'X' fare class is required.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Bloggers correctly praise Turkish's remarkable award of US-Hawaii in coach for 7500 miles one way (or 12500 in business) at base award levels.
I would take away the "correctly".

Yes of course it costs fewer miles. But bloggers rarely make mention of the difficulty in booking partner awards on Turkish, something many people only figure out once they've sent their Citi points over to TK.

As others have pointed out, you either have to live very close to an airport served by TK, so that you can pop by the ticket office in person. Or you try to deal with it via email. By the time you've calculated the value of your time, you were probably better off using UA/AC/whatever miles
Old Feb 3, 2020, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Maybe I was too kind in saying "correctly." Certainly a small number of points!

MD/DC Flyer an ISTflyer, yes, these are flights with saver award availability in X fare class.

Not easy for me to get ot an airport served by TK. So I will try email. Didn't anticipate this aspect of the challenge -- figured it would be web-based or at worst phone-based. Ugh. Thanks craigthemif and Istflyer and max for alerting me.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 10:46 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Maybe I was too kind in saying "correctly." Certainly a small number of points!

MD/DC Flyer an ISTflyer, yes, these are flights with saver award availability in X fare class.

Not easy for me to get ot an airport served by TK. So I will try email. Didn't anticipate this aspect of the challenge -- figured it would be web-based or at worst phone-based. Ugh. Thanks craigthemif and Istflyer and max for alerting me.
Did you get it booked in the end?
Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yoshapman
Did you get it booked in the end?
I'm still trying. Missing X inventory when one of my needed segments is booked on a standalone basis, though all is available in X when requesting on the whole journey.

As to booking methods: I found Boston most responsive by email, NYC slower (next-day), LAX said to call in. And it seems the call center gave a correct answer, in light of Turkish's need for segment-by-segment availability. That's a notable improvement over what others reported.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 3:56 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
*A airlines do not have to (and often do not) release all of their Award inventory to all other *A FF programmes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.