Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turkish Airlines, online check-in mess...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2020, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Turkish Airlines, online check-in mess...

I have a booking with Turkish Airlines for tomorrow, and for the better half of the day I have tried to do online check-in, but to no avail. I have filled in all information, the status bar under each person's name says "OK", but I am still not able to click the boxes to select any of us (me and my two daughters). Hovering the mouse over the box changes the cursor to a "invalid" icon.

I have contacted Turkish on Messenger, which finally led to them suggesting me to call Turkish at at +90 212 444 0 849 / +90 850 333 0 849, which I have done twice now, both numbers. Navigating through the menu system on the phone, I end up where I am asked to enter my ticket number, and with no way to back up from there. I have no ticket number, all emails I have received from Turkish use the 6-character booking reference.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what can be the issue? Apparently, Turkish Airlines themselves are of no help whatsoever!

Thanks
Old Feb 1, 2020, 10:33 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Do it the old fashioned way if OLCI is not working: check in at the airport.

Last edited by starflyergold; Feb 1, 2020 at 10:58 am Reason: typo
Old Feb 1, 2020, 10:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you don't have the ticket number, are you sure that tickets were issued? Usually, regardless of whether you purchase directly from an airline or via a travel agent or an OLTA, you get a receipt (typically by email) showing the ticket numbers.
ISTFlyer and RetiredATLATC like this.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
You should be able to see the e-ticket numbers when you log in to MMB on turkishairlines.com at the passengers tab when you scroll down.
If you bought your ticket from a TA or OTA you would need to contact them for the e-ticket number.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you don't have the ticket number, are you sure that tickets were issued? Usually, regardless of whether you purchase directly from an airline or via a travel agent or an OLTA, you get a receipt (typically by email) showing the ticket numbers.
Yes, my bad. I did find the ticket numbers way down in an email sent to me. And the tickets were purchased directly from Turkish.

So I called the phone numbers to Turkish Airlines given to me via Messenger, and navigated the menus, ended up again at the place where the ticket number was requested, entered it, got it repeated, confirmed that it was correct, and then I git the message that: "Your transaction could not be completed at this time". And this has now happened three times during the evening (it is 19:30 here)

Checking-in at the airport, of course I can do that, but really... for a modern airline I expect online check-in to be trivial thing. With all other airlines, and this is my first (and probably last) flight with Turkish but I fly 10-15 times a year, online check-in is piece of cake.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
You should be able to see the e-ticket numbers when you log in to MMB on turkishairlines.com at the passengers tab when you scroll down.
If you bought your ticket from a TA or OTA you would need to contact them for the e-ticket number.
Yeah... logging in is another issue. I tried to get a Miles&Smiles account, but the website somehow refused my password. Whatever I typed i got told that the password was too short, even though my internal password generator generates passwords that are 10+ characters long.

I contacted Turkish also about that, some days ago, and the asked me to log in and file a complaint! :-(
Old Feb 1, 2020, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by OppfinnarJocke
Yeah... logging in is another issue. I tried to get a Miles&Smiles account, but the website somehow refused my password. Whatever I typed i got told that the password was too short, even though my internal password generator generates passwords that are 10+ characters long.

I contacted Turkish also about that, some days ago, and the asked me to log in and file a complaint! :-(
It's nice that you found your e-ticket number. If you're not still able to check-in it might be another issue not related to you such as the flight being overbooked, etc...
By the way, MMB stands for "Manage My Booking" rather than "Miles&Smiles".

In addition, to sign up for Miles&Smiles, you need to determine a 6 digit only numerical password. No letters and symbols are allowed and the password should be strictly 6 digits. The reason behind this is that when you try to make a transaction via the hotline, the agent would ask you to type it on your keypad for verification. IMO, it's a better way than other airlines do, such as asking to give your address or passport number on issues.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
It's nice that you found your e-ticket number. If you're not still able to check-in it might be another issue not related to you such as the flight being overbooked, etc...
By the way, MMB stands for "Manage My Booking" rather than "Miles&Smiles".

In addition, to sign up for Miles&Smiles, you need to determine a 6 digit only numerical password. No letters and symbols are allowed and the password should be strictly 6 digits. The reason behind this is that when you try to make a transaction via the hotline, the agent would ask you to type it on your keypad for verification. IMO, it's a better way than other airlines do, such as asking to give your address or passport number on issues.
OK, thanks.

6-digit only numerical password
Aha! That might explain it, non-digits get filtered out.
There is no information whatsoever on their web pages about this. And the error message that the password is too short does not give any hint at this. This is totally crazy, why doesn't the message say this? Really beside the point, but... there are only 1 million 6-digit numerical pass codes, so this is not secure at all.

Thanks.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Why all the hassle/spending time on this now? - just check-in at the airport tomorrow and you will be fine.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 12:49 pm

There can be millions of reasons why the system is not letting you check-in online, so we can’t really guess why. Checking-in with TK is usually a piece of cake unless there are issues that would require you to check-in online. If you can’t check-in online, then something about your ticket requires you to check-in at the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.