Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking a TK flight on United.com

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2019, 10:13 pm
Original Poster

Booking a TK flight on United.com

I am looking for a round-trip TK flight from LAX to BEG (business class) but none are listed on United.com. Any suggestions how to proceed?
Old Dec 6, 2019, 1:20 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
UA doesn't codeshare on TK10 so the system will not find fares loaded for that flights you want. I am guessing you're wanted to book it on UA for PQD or to use a credit. You can try calling UA and feed them the TK flight numbers to see what rate they'd charge but it may be much more than purchasing it directly from TK.

Originally Posted by mimica
I am looking for a round-trip TK flight from LAX to BEG (business class) but none are listed on United.com. Any suggestions how to proceed?
Old Dec 6, 2019, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Welcome to FT!

Just book this itinerary on THY.com - should be straight forward. No reason to look for it on UA.com
Old Dec 6, 2019, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Thank you! I thought I would use my United frequent miles, if I find a good deal.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Thank you - I enjoy FT and I finally had a question
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
If there is availability you can use your UA miles. Try searching 1-ways and maybe building from LAX-IST to see what is possible. You may need to check from other hubs to end up with a routing such as LAX-IST (stop)-BEG-IST-LAX or LAX-ORD-IST (stop)-BEG-IST-XXX-LAX.

Thank you! I thought I would use my United frequent miles, if I find a good deal.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Will try it. Much appreciated!
Old Dec 6, 2019, 6:42 pm

You need saver TK award but it’s almost impossible to find on LAX-IST.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
oh you are looking for an award ticket with you UA miles. As stated above award availability LAX-IST is very difficult to find; that is the reason it doesn't show up when you search on UA.com. Unless you are very very flexible with your dates, you will have to buy the ticket rather use your UA miles.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: IB+ Gold, TK E+, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by SK AAR
oh you are looking for an award ticket with you UA miles. As stated above award availability LAX-IST is very difficult to find; that is the reason it doesn't show up when you search on UA.com. Unless you are very very flexible with your dates, you will have to buy the ticket rather use your UA miles.
I generally find a reasonable amount of award space on LAX-ZRH (or v.v) with Swiss. I can't imagine that it would be impossible to tag on the BEG leg.

Of course if the point is to try TK metal, LAX-IST is a tough one, as others have mentioned...
Old Dec 7, 2019, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Thank you all!
I am looking for availability for next June and - fortunately - my dates are flexible. I will keep looking
Old Dec 9, 2019, 2:22 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Thank you all!
I am looking for availability for next June and - fortunately - my dates are flexible. I will keep looking
Also try an alternate airport. June 23-24 have availability for SFO-BEG and June 14 has ATL-BEG.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 3:47 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
issues with TK redemptions on united.com

I have scored two Y-class TK redemptions on UA. The first was IST-JFK and required me to transit NYC for my connecting EWR flight.
The second is upcoming WAW-IST-YYZ next year. Why go SE to go west? Both involved long layogers in the TK lounge - considered the best in the world.
To be clear, TK flights do show up on UA redemptions, Most (if not all) increase transit times i.e. opt in if time permits!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.