Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

can girlfriend on same PNR enter *A lounge at IST instead of me?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2019, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Will be having a longer layover in IST next month with my two children (minors) and girlfriend. We're all flying TK in Y on the same PNR, but I have a TG *G. Enough to guest one, but not all three.

Is it likely TK will let my girlfriend and one child enter in lieu of myself?

Neither my gf nor my children have any status, but the *A lounge in IST is pretty good and I think my gf and a child would be happy to
spend a few hours there. Perhaps the gf and my youngest one, as they even have a play area for the smallest children.

I've tried googling if it's possible to pay for access to the IST *A lounge, but seems that is not the case, and would probably be too expensive for me anyway, but somebody please correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Thanks.

Last edited by eqeqeqx; Sep 15, 2019 at 2:47 pm Reason: formatting
Old Sep 15, 2019, 3:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
No.

Does not mean you cannot try, but by the rules you must be present to admit and remain with them.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
IST lounges have automated gates - the lounge dragons are at a desk to the side. As long as you aren't too blatant about it, you might be able to squeeze in all 4 by scanning your boarding pass more than once, the same way some people jump through metro barriers by following somebody else closely ...
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
They will probably let her in instead of you even if it’s not strictly by the book.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
There is no passport - boarding pass match verification at the lounge.
Your girlfriend could enter the lounge with your kids with your boarding pass as it was her boarding pass.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.