Wiki Posts
Search

My TK Flight Is Missing

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2019, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage
My TK Flight Is Missing

I booked a TK flight (TK1776) from RIX to IST on Jun-30, months ago. Last week, when I tried to review my booking, I realized that TK took away my seat assignment and I can no longer make seat selection. I went to TK website and there is no longer flight from RIX to IST on Jun-30. It indicates "No flight found or flights are full". I don't believe a flight can be full one month out (Bus or Eco). So I call up TK twice on two different dates, both TK agents told me that my flight is still on. One of them is even able to make a seat selection for me. Since my schedule is tight, I can't afford to have last minute surprises. But, I can't take proactive action to change flight, without TK first cancelling this flight. Does anyone have kind of experience with TK? Should I be worried about my flight? Thank you for any help or guidance you can provide me, Henry
Old Jun 8, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
As long as your reservation on the TK website or app still shows the flight and otherwise looks normal (apart from the seat selection), you should be OK.
But it indeed looks like TK has zeroed out this flight for whichever reason - or the flight is indeed full.

I would suggest to watch your reservation closely over the coming days. I had a similar situation once and the flight was eventually cancelled - although this was during the time of the airport move, ie exceptional circumstances for TK...

Please keep us updated...
Old Jun 8, 2019, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFOTraveler1984
As long as your reservation on the TK website or app still shows the flight and otherwise looks normal (apart from the seat selection), you should be OK.
But it indeed looks like TK has zeroed out this flight for whichever reason - or the flight is indeed full.

I would suggest to watch your reservation closely over the coming days. I had a similar situation once and the flight was eventually cancelled - although this was during the time of the airport move, ie exceptional circumstances for TK...

Please keep us updated...
Thank you for your help looking into it. My reservation is still showing the flight, so do the agents. And it has been this way for over 2 weeks. And I have not received any cancellation email or text. Just feel weird to have a full flight from a small city. Ok, I will pray really really hard that it doesn’t get canceled. I will update on the situation.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
RIX was one of the 737-MAX-8 and 737-MAX-9 routes so your flight may be canceled as well.
However, according to my checks, only TK1775/TK1776 would operate on Jun 30.

If you share your e-tix number and your last name via private message, I could make the necessary checks for you.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Hi ISTFlyer, thank you for your hints. I went in and check, TK1776 is fortunately not 737-MAX, but the older generation 737-800.

I also check TK1775 and TK is still selling this flight for Jun-30, arriving RIX at 18:30. Thus, now, I think it is very likely TK1776 is no longer available is due to Full Flight, not cancellation. Sorry for being paranoid, they cancel my VNO-IST flight, and I have to change to RIX-IST. So afraid they going to change again. At least, I am feeling better now. Thanks Again and Best Regards, Henry
Old Jun 8, 2019, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Henry_Texas
Hi ISTFlyer, thank you for your hints. I went in and check, TK1776 is fortunately not 737-MAX, but the older generation 737-800.

I also check TK1775 and TK is still selling this flight for Jun-30, arriving RIX at 18:30. Thus, now, I think it is very likely TK1776 is no longer available is due to Full Flight, not cancellation. Sorry for being paranoid, they cancel my VNO-IST flight, and I have to change to RIX-IST. So afraid they going to change again. At least, I am feeling better now. Thanks Again and Best Regards, Henry
If everything's OK, that's good!

What I meant by a MAX route was before the MAX incidents, that route was going to be operated with a MAX.
I am also flying the same exact route in July and our aircraft had changed from a 737-MAX-8 to a 737-900ER

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.