Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Seat selection if using *A redemption tickets from another airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2019, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)

I'm about to book 3 tickets IST-LHR using my points an another *A programme and I'm wondering whether TK has an easy way of requesting seats immediately after the booking is made
Old May 28, 2019, 8:43 pm

Normally you should be able to do it on the TK website (sometimes it will ask you to enter the other carrier's ticket number in lieu of a PNR)
However, I have award tickets now that include TK, and while I can see the seat map on the TK website, I am not able to select any seats due to some undecipherable error. Moreover, displayed seat map seems not to match what the phone CS tells me - it shows a number of available seats that are not available according to CS.

So - there is a simple method, but it may not work and you may still have to call.
Old May 28, 2019, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Originally Posted by RTWFF
I'm about to book 3 tickets IST-LHR using my points an another *A programme and I'm wondering whether TK has an easy way of requesting seats immediately after the booking is made
My experience in such a situation is that seats are not able to be selected until 100 days prior to fight date.
Old May 28, 2019, 8:55 pm

You’ll definitely need the TK reservation number. So remember to request that from the booking carrier when you make the booking.
Old May 28, 2019, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
You could select your seats via MMB on the Turkish Airlines website with your e-ticket number as well. The airline that you've booked the ticket should provide you this number. However, if you have the TK record locator, you would be fine.
Old May 29, 2019, 2:40 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
You could select your seats via MMB on the Turkish Airlines website with your e-ticket number as well. The airline that you've booked the ticket should provide you this number. However, if you have the TK record locator, you would be fine.
Even with the TK record locator I am still asked for the ticket number. There is a message: "This reservation was not created using our online services. Please enter the surname and e-ticket number of the passenger you want to make a reservation for or check in."
Works fine with that.

Originally Posted by Merlinrnr
You’ll definitely need the TK reservation number. So remember to request that from the booking carrier when you make the booking.
I think you can get the TK record locator from checkmytrip.com. You certainly can get the ticket number on that site once you have it.
Old May 31, 2019, 6:00 am
jtz

I've booked Turkish on SQ and can't seem to find the booking on Turkish or United, any idea of how/ when I can choose my seat? Thanks
Old Jun 3, 2019, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

I concur with @Cheetah_SA's experience - I had to provide ticket numbers not the TK PNR. I also found that the only seats I could select were those where I would have had to pay USD39 for the privilege. All the others were non-selectable. As the booking is for May 2020 I'll take @cagcag's advice and try again 100 days out
Old Jun 3, 2019, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by RTWFF
I concur with @Cheetah_SA's experience - I had to provide ticket numbers not the TK PNR. I also found that the only seats I could select were those where I would have had to pay USD39 for the privilege. All the others were non-selectable. As the booking is for May 2020 I'll take @cagcag's advice and try again 100 days out
If you are flying Economy, you need to wait until the date before 100 days of departure. Otherwise, the system would only allow you to select extra legroom seats which you need to pay.
An e-ticket number or a TK PNR, both would work.

May 2020 means 11 months and you might also end up with the new A350-900 so even if you buy extra legroom seats, you might have an aircraft change.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
May 2020 means 11 months and you might also end up with the new A350-900 so even if you buy extra legroom seats, you might have an aircraft change.
Thanks - I'm flying IST-LHR so I guess we'll see
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by jtz
I've booked Turkish on SQ and can't seem to find the booking on Turkish or United, any idea of how/ when I can choose my seat? Thanks
I had this problem selecting seats on TK after booking with M&S miles! While I couldn't access my reservation through the portal even though it shows up there much less select seats... however could do that all on the phone. For J you can select seats any time. For Y it's T-100 days.
ISTFlyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.