Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #2 - Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Unlike like Atatürk Airport, at Istanbul Airport there is more than one international lounge. Eligibility depends on your travel of class and your frequent flyer card status. PLEASE READ THIS WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

For discussions and questions regarding outstation lounges ( Moscow, Nairobi, Washington DC ) and all other domestic lounges ( including SAW ) please refer to the respective forum.
For PriorityPass Lounges in Istanbul Airport (IST) please consult this thread in the Europe forum or the Istanbul Airport Master Thread for questions regarding contract lounges.

This thread covers TK Lounges at IST airport.

Chart of Eligibility for Lounges:

Thanks to DELLAS for sharing this chart.

International Lounges:
Miles&Smiles Lounge: This lounge is open to all Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles Elite, Elite Plus card holders and Star Alliance Gold status holders along with one of their guests when flying Turkish Airlines or another Star Alliance member. Miles&Smiles Elite Plus members are also able to guest family members regardless of the number of people (spouse and children). Also Turkish Corporate Club members are allowed to access this lounge with one fellow guest who holds a valid boarding pass on Turkish Airlines.

To access this lounge take the elevators across gate C1 to the mezzanine level.

Business Lounge: This lounge would be open for all Business Class passengers on Turkish Airlines and Star Alliance partners. Unfortunately, no guests are allowed to this lounge.

To access this lounge take the elevators across gate E1 to the mezzanine level.

Both lounges are non-smoking. The nearest "terrace" (IST does not advertise smoking areas) is: For the business lounge: exit via the escalators, turn left and left again, past the public rest areas, and the terrace is on the right hand side. For the M&S lounge: exit via the escalators, turn right and right again, past the public rest areas, and the terrace is on the left hand side. In both cases a 3 minute walk.

Exclusive Lounge: No details, no plans as of yet
Arrivals Lounge: No details, no plans as of yet

Both the Business Lounge and the Miles&Smiles Lounge have showers, sleeping rooms and Turkish speciality food.

To use the sleeping rooms, you must have a connection time between 4h and 9h and the duration of one of your flights must be more than 8 hours. Unfortunately, Miles&Smiles Elite card holders and Star Alliance Gold card holders traveling in Economy Class are not eligible to use the sleeping room service. For sleeping room related issues please consult the this thread.

None of the international lounges have direct lounge access from the check-in hall; however, priority immigration and security checkpoint are available both for transfer passengers and passengers starting their journey in Istanbul.

Domestic Lounges:

The domestic lounge has two sections; one for Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles Classic Plus and Elite card holders, Star Alliance Gold card holders and Turkish Corporate Club members (if they have a same day onward international connection); and the other one for Business Class passengers and Miles&Smiles Elite Plus card holders.

Miles&Smiles Elite passengers, Star Alliance Gold card holders and Turkish Corporate Club members can invite one guest into the lounge. Miles&Smiles Elite Plus passengers can also guest one passenger or their family members regardless of the number of people (spouse and children). Miles&Smiles Classic Plus card holders do not have the right to guest someone.

The lounge has a separate entrance and check-in lobby from the street, along with a special valet parking drop-off point. Transfer passengers and passengers who decide to use the main terminal building can also access this lounge by using the elevators across gates G6 and G7. Be aware that there are no lounge signs within the terminal so it's advised to follow signs for gates G6 and G7.
Print Wikipost

TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #2 - Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by googs185
Can someone expound upon the differences between the M&S lounge and the Business lounge? Some report they are the exact same. Others report the Business lounge is better. How can they be the same? I would assume that the Business lounge would be better and I hope so-this will be our first time flying business on TK.
business lounge is supposed to be better but so far the design and the food options are the same. There are showers and sleeping rooms in both. A person here said that M&S Lounge is less crowded.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:04 am

For anyone interested some facts about the new lounges and maps.

Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Thank you very much for this very informative post.

Now it's confirmed that the Exclusive Lounge would only accept Business Class pax holding M&S Elite or Elite Plus status. ( No information for non-TK-*G yet, but probably they won't be accepted )
Also, it's confirmed that the Arrival Lounge requirements would be same as the one in Atatürk, however, still no information about the operating hours.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by northsideguy

If you have a passport from Canada, you will also need a visa to exit the airport.

Thanks for the reminder. Yeah, it's not cheap either but I really want to have a chance to head into town and explore again. I was last in Istanbul via a cruise with an overnight stay (didn't require a visa) and I really enjoyed the city.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: TK Elite+, FB Platinum, BAEC Gold, ALL Diamond, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador
Thanks for the great post! Very useful. One question I have is: M&S Elite+ Flying Business with another passenger (flying Business). Can I enter Exclusive Lounge? Any ideas / guesses there?

Asking because I'll be in that situation in September and hoping lounge is done by then.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by ricardojrsousa
Thanks for the great post! Very useful. One question I have is: M&S Elite+ Flying Business with another passenger (flying Business). Can I enter Exclusive Lounge? Any ideas / guesses there?

Asking because I'll be in that situation in September and hoping lounge is done by then.
My guess would be no, but who knows?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 5:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Thank you very much for this very informative post.

Now it's confirmed that the Exclusive Lounge would only accept Business Class pax holding M&S Elite or Elite Plus status. ( No information for non-TK-*G yet, but probably they won't be accepted )
Also, it's confirmed that the Arrival Lounge requirements would be same as the one in Atatürk, however, still no information about the operating hours.
Interesting, according to the first screenshot provided by DELLAS only the M&S lounge would be a Star Gold lounge (which would make sense). However today, the signs at the airport have the "Star Gold sign" for every lounge (M&S, Business, Exclusive) - I guess that is an error then ;-)

Last edited by SFOTraveler1984; Apr 17, 2019 at 5:45 pm
Old Apr 17, 2019, 10:07 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Thanks DELLAS ^. This is starting to make sense now (once signs are corrected). Let's see what the Exclusive Lounge offering will be like once it is in operation.
DELLAS, TPJ and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
If you look at Dellas tables there are some inconsistencies making it less clear. I would go by the signs
Old Apr 19, 2019, 6:22 am

Flying from IST in J in August, and transferring twice in J in IST in September. Rooting for the exclusive lounge to be open by then, although I’m keeping my hopes down.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 6:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by max_kolesne
Flying from IST in J in August, and transferring twice in J in IST in September. Rooting for the exclusive lounge to be open by then, although I’m keeping my hopes down.
I sent a tweet to the TK help desk in an idle moment to ask when the Exclusive and Arrivals Lounges would be open but they just said “in the coming months”.

Let’s see what happens.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CoweyB

I sent a tweet to the TK help desk in an idle moment to ask when the Exclusive and Arrivals Lounges would be open but they just said “in the coming months”.

Let’s see what happens.
Not surprised of the answer
Old Apr 19, 2019, 8:27 pm

here is the email from priority pass:

Unfortunately, we currently do not have any lounges located at New Istanbul Airport. We are looking for opportunities to expand our program in both new and existing location and this will be updated on our website and we will also send e-newsletter once we have lounges on board at this location.

Hope the above is in order.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by manuvns
here is the email from priority pass:

Unfortunately, we currently do not have any lounges located at New Istanbul Airport. We are looking for opportunities to expand our program in both new and existing location and this will be updated on our website and we will also send e-newsletter once we have lounges on board at this location.

Hope the above is in order.
Thanks for sharing this information for the 10+th time in FlyerTalk and the 3rd time in this thread. (#72 and #92 ). There is a dedicated thread for PP Lounges in IST at the Europe forum. Just a small reminder that this is the discussion thread for TK Lounges.
cloudzocker likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 5:57 am

Currently in the miles and smiles lounge. Lounge feels much better then the old one because it is seperated in dedicated areas.

find atttached general overview of the lounge area.

all food options frpm before are there.

some really good improvements;
​asian style meat vegetables (soja souce cooked)
italian noodle dishes
classic turkish oven dish

​​​​quite more selections on the sweet/cake, fresh lemonade.

salad bar has improved alot

Last edited by freetgy; Apr 22, 2019 at 6:07 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.