Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #2 - Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Unlike like Atatürk Airport, at Istanbul Airport there is more than one international lounge. Eligibility depends on your travel of class and your frequent flyer card status. PLEASE READ THIS WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

For discussions and questions regarding outstation lounges ( Moscow, Nairobi, Washington DC ) and all other domestic lounges ( including SAW ) please refer to the respective forum.
For PriorityPass Lounges in Istanbul Airport (IST) please consult this thread in the Europe forum or the Istanbul Airport Master Thread for questions regarding contract lounges.

This thread covers TK Lounges at IST airport.

Chart of Eligibility for Lounges:

Thanks to DELLAS for sharing this chart.

International Lounges:
Miles&Smiles Lounge: This lounge is open to all Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles Elite, Elite Plus card holders and Star Alliance Gold status holders along with one of their guests when flying Turkish Airlines or another Star Alliance member. Miles&Smiles Elite Plus members are also able to guest family members regardless of the number of people (spouse and children). Also Turkish Corporate Club members are allowed to access this lounge with one fellow guest who holds a valid boarding pass on Turkish Airlines.

To access this lounge take the elevators across gate C1 to the mezzanine level.

Business Lounge: This lounge would be open for all Business Class passengers on Turkish Airlines and Star Alliance partners. Unfortunately, no guests are allowed to this lounge.

To access this lounge take the elevators across gate E1 to the mezzanine level.

Both lounges are non-smoking. The nearest "terrace" (IST does not advertise smoking areas) is: For the business lounge: exit via the escalators, turn left and left again, past the public rest areas, and the terrace is on the right hand side. For the M&S lounge: exit via the escalators, turn right and right again, past the public rest areas, and the terrace is on the left hand side. In both cases a 3 minute walk.

Exclusive Lounge: No details, no plans as of yet
Arrivals Lounge: No details, no plans as of yet

Both the Business Lounge and the Miles&Smiles Lounge have showers, sleeping rooms and Turkish speciality food.

To use the sleeping rooms, you must have a connection time between 4h and 9h and the duration of one of your flights must be more than 8 hours. Unfortunately, Miles&Smiles Elite card holders and Star Alliance Gold card holders traveling in Economy Class are not eligible to use the sleeping room service. For sleeping room related issues please consult the this thread.

None of the international lounges have direct lounge access from the check-in hall; however, priority immigration and security checkpoint are available both for transfer passengers and passengers starting their journey in Istanbul.

Domestic Lounges:

The domestic lounge has two sections; one for Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles Classic Plus and Elite card holders, Star Alliance Gold card holders and Turkish Corporate Club members (if they have a same day onward international connection); and the other one for Business Class passengers and Miles&Smiles Elite Plus card holders.

Miles&Smiles Elite passengers, Star Alliance Gold card holders and Turkish Corporate Club members can invite one guest into the lounge. Miles&Smiles Elite Plus passengers can also guest one passenger or their family members regardless of the number of people (spouse and children). Miles&Smiles Classic Plus card holders do not have the right to guest someone.

The lounge has a separate entrance and check-in lobby from the street, along with a special valet parking drop-off point. Transfer passengers and passengers who decide to use the main terminal building can also access this lounge by using the elevators across gates G6 and G7. Be aware that there are no lounge signs within the terminal so it's advised to follow signs for gates G6 and G7.
Print Wikipost

TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #2 - Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2021, 1:59 pm

Programs: FB Silver, TK Elite/*G, ITA Premium, Hilton Gold; BW Diamond Select; Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by amigoflyer
I can't really find any opening hours. Arriving shortly before midnight, connection in the next morning. Any chance getting into the lounge? Thx!
Of course, the lounge is open 24 hours. Just keep in mind that at midnight there is not much service. Hot food options will include only lentil soup and cheese toast as far as I know.
amigoflyer likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I can't really find any opening hours. Arriving shortly before midnight, connection in the next morning. Any chance getting into the lounge? Thx!
The Miles&Smiles Smiles Lounge is 7/24 open and you could access it at earliest 24 hours before departure.
ffay005 and amigoflyer like this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 8:16 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
I am in the M&S lounge now (Sunday afternoon). It is busy and I struggled to find a seat. The business lounge is still closed - I can see the seats covered with plastic film. I did not have to wait too long to get some food here. That bit is OK, but alas no chocolate cake A positive though, the chiller is full of cold EFES
Old Nov 29, 2021, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
M&S Lounge absolutely jammed this morning at 7 am - as was the entire airport. They chose now to do renovations? Are they mad? Cannot think of anything dumber than cutting your lounge capacity in half and then doing renovations on the half that is open.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 9:41 pm

I was at the Smiles/Miles lounge on 11/26 afternoon, disappointed that the biz lounge was still closed, though understandable.
Regular lounge food and service were great, it was on the more crowded side but there were still available seats. I appreciate that entrance is entirely based on your ticket, no need to talk to staff to enter. This is much better than the IGA lounge which is crowded upon entering and staff have to manually process each group, but their waiting area is very small, so people will cut the line which is frustrating.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by aimango
I was at the Smiles/Miles lounge on 11/26 afternoon, disappointed that the biz lounge was still closed, though understandable.
Regular lounge food and service were great, it was on the more crowded side but there were still available seats. I appreciate that entrance is entirely based on your ticket, no need to talk to staff to enter. This is much better than the IGA lounge which is crowded upon entering and staff have to manually process each group, but their waiting area is very small, so people will cut the line which is frustrating.
Just as a reminder that if you are a status holder and would guest someone that doesn't have status or if you're flying an airline other than TK, you would still need to go to the reception at the lounge so that your barcode could be activated.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 1:32 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Is there any estimate when the business lounge will reopen? I am guessing with the new restrictions on travel, it will likely stick with M&S for awhile still.
DUHCAR likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by dcmike
Is there any estimate when the business lounge will reopen? I am guessing with the new restrictions on travel, it will likely stick with M&S for awhile still.
Probably they will use covid as an excuse to keep it closed for ages.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 8:15 am

Probably they will use covid as an excuse to keep it closed for ages.
That will mean it will be ready to open just in time for the next pandemic...sigh
Old Dec 19, 2021, 1:17 am

Business lounge is open in IST today, Nice to see and a lot quieter then M&S
dcmike, ffay005, daisymay2 and 8 others like this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by YLWflyer
WOW, it actually happened. That is great news!
daisymay2 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 12:15 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by YLWflyer
This is great news. My next TK is only in February, but I'm already looking forward to a more peaceful lounge visit.

Any idea of the hours? 24/7?
Old Dec 19, 2021, 1:30 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, TK E+, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by ffay005

Any idea of the hours? 24/7?
Yes, 24/7

Big improvement for the upcoming Christmas holidays.

Hopefully the top tier lounge will be next, but I guess not in the next years
ffay005 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by fvn1312
Hopefully the top tier lounge will be next, but I guess not in the next years

That can wait. The landside arrivals lounge is surely next ........
Old Dec 20, 2021, 6:38 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, TK E+, Sixt Diamond
IAN-UK

You are right, Arrivals lounge would be the better benefit first.

Is there an announcement when the test center will close?

The Centogene Test Centers in Germany will, execept Frankfurt Airport and Munich Airport, close at the end of this Year. FRA and MUC will follow latest end of March 2022.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.