Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TK 8 25 Mar - Delay and Cancellation

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2019, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
TK 8 25 Mar - Delay and Cancellation

It is interesting that Turkish Airlines has cancelled 25 Mar ( Monday's ) IAD-IST service after delaying the flight overnight to 15:00 the next day. Passengers always had difficulties to be rebooked and needed to be queued up at the Turkish Airlines sales desk in Washington Dulles Airport. None of the aviation sites, all around the world, has not shared this specific delay.

As a passenger shared on Twitter, police was called to arrange the queue as TK staff in IAD couldn't handle the situation.

The aircraft previously scheduled to operate this flight ( TC-JOA ) is still at IAD.
So, the mysterious question is why was this flight cancelled?
Old Mar 26, 2019, 7:43 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Ouch.
Cancellation after a delay to the next day is a brutal situation to deal with. Not envious of the passengers, but also not envious of the ground staff who have to face the angry passengers.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
When I first saw this, I had remembered TK10 on 21.5.2012. One of the passengers had connected to a radio program in Turkey and explained how Turkish Airlines handled the situation. It was a comedy program and it's funny when you listen to it; however, if I was a passenger... I can't imagine the rest.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

UPDATE: One of the parts of the aircraft had needed to be changed. That's the reason of the delay and the following cancellation.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:26 am

Programs: TK Elite+, HIlton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
When I first saw this, I had remembered TK10 on 21.5.2012. One of the passengers had connected to a radio program in Turkey and explained how Turkish Airlines handled the situation. It was a comedy program and it's funny when you listen to it; however, if I was a passenger... I can't imagine the rest.
I was on that TK10 flight. It was handled quite poorly. As I recall the station manager was out of town that day, which didn't help matters. With the current flight, since it is a mechanical issue and Tukey has its own clone of EU 261, compensation should be due.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 5:38 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by siberslava
I was on that TK10 flight. It was handled quite poorly. As I recall the station manager was out of town that day, which didn't help matters. With the current flight, since it is a mechanical issue and Tukey has its own clone of EU 261, compensation should be due.
I had a 7-8-hour Delay TK10 experience a couple years ago and that inspire much confidence for a worse scenario. At least we got going!
Old Apr 4, 2019, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

TC-JOA, which was inactive at Washington Dulles due to technical issues, is now ready to fly. The aircraft would position IAD-ISL today at 20:30 ( Washington local time ) as TK 6890.

Edit: As 21:05 ( Washington local time ), I have spotted the aircraft at flightradar24

Last edited by ISTFlyer; Apr 4, 2019 at 7:06 pm Reason: stated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.