Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

How much miles would I earn from this flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & Smiles

Hi all,

For the following flight with United Airlines, how much miles would I earn in my Miles & Smiles and how do you calculate this? I see that it will give 75% miles but how do you calculate the actual number?

Thank you
Old Mar 13, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: TK *G, SkyTeam Elite Plus
Originally Posted by dolevo
Hi all,

For the following flight with United Airlines, how much miles would I earn in my Miles & Smiles and how do you calculate this? I see that it will give 75% miles but how do you calculate the actual number?

Thank you
Wheretocredit.com is your friend It should be 8970 miles..

https://www.wheretocredit.com/calcul...V/EWR-BRU-UA-V
malmostoso and dolevo like this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 3:24 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Personally, I use GCMAP and multiply the distance with the multiplier provided by TK in their chart for the respective airline. A little work involved, but, I normally can get a fairly accurate assumption on how much I am going to earn.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
Personally, I use GCMAP and multiply the distance with the multiplier provided by TK in their chart for the respective airline. A little work involved, but, I normally can get a fairly accurate assumption on how much I am going to earn.
Unfortunately TK flights rarely match up with GC Map.

Of course the difference is minor, but if you need an exact number you have to do dummy bookings on the TK website.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:10 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Unfortunately TK flights rarely match up with GC Map.

Of course the difference is minor, but if you need an exact number you have to do dummy bookings on the TK website.
For TK flights, sure; but for non-TK *A bookings, I found GC map gives a fairly accurate idea.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:49 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Use TK own calculator.

1) Log into your account
2) Press Miles Transactions
3) Scroll down until you see Mileage Calculator on your right side.

You need to enter segment by segment. Most likely you are interested in IST-xxx segment as you already know or would find out at the first check how much is your favorite airport to/from IST.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & Smiles
Originally Posted by dabee69
Use TK own calculator.

1) Log into your account
2) Press Miles Transactions
3) Scroll down until you see Mileage Calculator on your right side.

You need to enter segment by segment. Most likely you are interested in IST-xxx segment as you already know or would find out at the first check how much is your favorite airport to/from IST.
Thanks for the suggestion but this only works if the flight is via Turkish Airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.