Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

How many hotel rooms can I get on 1 ticket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold

Traveling through IST in J with a 7+ hour layover in May. My question is if there are 2 pax on the same ticket would they be entitled to 2 hotel rooms or just 1?

If it's the new IST which has the hotel rooms airside (as per my understanding), would I be able to guest another pax who is traveling Y on the same flight?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Traveling through IST in J with a 7+ hour layover in May. My question is if there are 2 pax on the same ticket would they be entitled to 2 hotel rooms or just 1?

If it's the new IST which has the hotel rooms airside (as per my understanding), would I be able to guest another pax who is traveling Y on the same flight?
I have no idea about if they would give you 2 separate rooms for 2 J tickets in the same reservation. However, according to the Turkish law, all guests should be reported to the Police at check-in and also hotels in Turkey asks extra money for the extra guest, not like North America as they charge per room, in Turkey they charge per room and per person per room. TK won't pay the extra person charge, however, if that Y passenger could apply for another hotel room if your layover is 11h+. Because you have different travel classes, 2 of the J pax would be entitled for a 5* hotel and the Y pax would be allocated to a 4* one. Maybe you would be lucky to be both allocated to the same hotel but usually not.

If we come to the ISL question, there is no certain information that Turkish Airlines would continue their hotel service at ISL ( to be IST ) nor provide a YOTELair room ( airside hotel ) for their hotel eligible pax. You may be also bussed to a hotel near to the old airport and be picked up before your flight. As the movement date is confirmed ( by confirmed, I mean that the time period that TK cancels the flights between the transition period and Atatürk would close to civil operations ) there should be a specific answer for your question.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Thanks. Yeah I guess everything with ISL is uncertain....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.