Search

upgraded M&S?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
upgraded M&S?

I tried to cancel an award ticket online but couldn't. Called into a TK sales office on my travels and tried there - they had the same problem and told me it's because my booking (a couple of months old) was made before the "big revamp" of the M&S system. So one of the enhancements is that I have to mess about with the call centre. An unexpected pleasure.

But what was the big revamp, and what benefits did it bring? I clearly missed something....
Old Jan 1, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by IAN-UK

, and what benefits did it bring? I clearly missed something....
- wrong milage accural
-unable to book *A awards
- wrong requalification criteria
-display of wrong total miles in the account.
........and the list goes on
Old Jan 1, 2019, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Most likely you will be told to go the airport/ticket office that issues the ticket in order to have it cancelled.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
But what was the big revamp, and what benefits did it bring? I clearly missed something....
This. Rather unsurprisingly, they botched it.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by airoli
This. Rather unsurprisingly, they botched it.
they had 3 years to prepare for the switch and still messed it up???
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by lento
- wrong milage accural
-unable to book *A awards
- wrong requalification criteria
-display of wrong total miles in the account.
........and the list goes on
I've had 3 out of the 4 above in the last month !

The hassle to get the wrong mileage accrual for TK flights fixed.......unbelievable, two calls with different agents on the "Elite" line 20 and 22 mins respectively to be then told they can't fix it and I needed to send in a feedback comment from the website which eventually got rectified after I called again to follow it up.

The other thing I learnt is when calling TK and the automated system asks "Do you wish to participate in a feedback survey at the end of the call ?", be sure to answer "yes" this way then the service, speed of call and responses is way way faster.
If you don't I'm pretty sure they are handling multiple calls and putting you on hold in between talking to different people. Both the first two calls literally took 10 mins of me being on hold just for the agent to access my account of which they had all the details anyway through the automated system, to then be kept being told Mr XXX "please hold" and then "please hold for a moment", when they know your going to give feedback at the end of the call it's funny there is no request to hold or delay in accessing anything.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
My wrong mileage accrual was corrected today, a few days less than a month after I claimed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.