Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

'5 x More Status Miles exclusive to the opening of Istanbul Airport!'

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'5 x More Status Miles exclusive to the opening of Istanbul Airport!'

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: TK elite+(*gold), Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, (Ex-Hyatt Diamond/Globalist)
next flight posted 6 minutes later - if it could just go on at that rate (12.500 status miles in 7 minutes), I'd be lifetime elite+++ when I wake up tomorrow

And it was fun. Flying TK domestic C is just another world than LH - 5 stars for TK where LH would receive one (from "fast track" with 1 hour standing in line at FRA vs 20 seconds in IST/AYT and of course the empty ISL to real C busses and real C seats and real great food...)
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: AF PL/A|Club PL/TK E
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I have get credited x5 status miles 3 days after my flight each time on ISL-AYT & ISL-ADB routes. For ESB, ECN and GYD it should be the same. ( 3 days after the flight )
I don't have any information for ADA & TZX routes.
Same here I have just booked my return flights ISL/TZX end of dec., is there anyone can confirm TZX route will be eligible for the promotion as well?
Since this TZX route was not departing from ISL at the time when this promotion started, hope that it would be included since it is flying to/from ISL.

Last edited by julien2062; Dec 18, 2018 at 9:08 pm
Old Dec 20, 2018, 12:04 am

Hi there, for extra 5X miles, is it necessary to fly directly from/to ISL to other eligible cities? Because the direct flight are sold out, I can only purchase the flights that needs to transfer.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 5:46 am

New timeframe

Hi there,

It was announced today that the opening of the airport is postponed till March 2019. Does anyone know if that means the promotion will be extended ?

Also, does anyone know about Adana/Trabzon?

Thanks,

nick
Old Dec 21, 2018, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by nicolas3112
Hi there,

It was announced today that the opening of the airport is postponed till March 2019. Does anyone know if that means the promotion will be extended ?

Also, does anyone know about Adana/Trabzon?

Thanks,

nick
If the promotion will be extended, they would probably extend it the last day. In my opinion, they won't extend it, but who knows?
Everyone is waiting an answer for Adana, Trabzon or Gaziantep. To learn if these destinations are eligible for the promotion, you should fly and wait for the miles to be credited. I am waiting for the same answer for 2 weeks and I have mileages runs planned next week both to TZX and GZT.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
The answer for the mysterious TZX/ADA/GZT question is like this;

I have flown Business to Trabzon from Istanbul-ISL and received 1250 status miles and 1250 award miles for D fare class.
That means no 5x more miles. I haven't deleted the promotion flyer e-mail that wrote all flights from ISL so I would write a complaint letter about it.
For those interested the mail had sent to all M&S users on the 31st of October.

If you're flying to TZX/ADA/GZT for a mileage run, good luck with receiving your extra miles.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:07 pm

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
If flying JFK-IST on Dec 31, would this still qualify for the promotion? The flight will take place Dec 31 even though the landing is Jan 1.

Just wondering if I should jump on this last minute or not as there are some good promotional J fares.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by idealflyer
If flying JFK-IST on Dec 31, would this still qualify for the promotion? The flight will take place Dec 31 even though the landing is Jan 1.

Just wondering if I should jump on this last minute or not as there are some good promotional J fares.
No!!!!!!
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by idealflyer

Nothing to do with the new airport. You should read the T&Cs of the promo more carefully. (or even the title of this thread!)
ElJudioErrante and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:42 am

Same here, I am writing a complaint letter as well, but given that they also have that small blurry grey coloured sentence explaining the destinations included in the promotion, I suppose our letter may have little chance to get a positive answer...
Of course, it is very debatable why we should give more credit to the small blurry grey coloured condition restriction, than that BIG white font stating "All flights"...

I have flown Business to Trabzon from Istanbul-ISL and received 1250 status miles and 1250 award miles for D fare class.
That means no 5x more miles. I haven't deleted the promotion flyer e-mail that wrote all flights from ISL so I would write a complaint letter about it.

If you're flying to TZX/ADA/GZT for a mileage run, good luck with receiving your extra miles.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:47 am

Could you please share which way/email or postal letter do you plan to send your complaint? I remembered complaining via website takes months to just get a very generic reply.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by julien2062
Same here, I am writing a complaint letter as well, but given that they also have that small blurry grey coloured sentence explaining the destinations included in the promotion, I suppose our letter may have little chance to get a positive answer...
Of course, it is very debatable why we should give more credit to the small blurry grey coloured condition restriction, than that BIG white font stating "All flights"...
Originally Posted by julien2062
Could you please share which way/email or postal letter do you plan to send your complaint? I remembered complaining via website takes months to just get a very generic reply.
The mail that they've sent was sent on the 31st of October. Those 5 routes were the only routes which was announced at that time. Adana & Trabzon routes were announced on the 23rd of November and Gaziantep was announced on the 18th of December. I have evidence that Turkish Airlines has misinformed their customers via complaint letters and via their official Twitter account. I also have the screenshot of the terms & conditions before the edit. In addition, my friends have phone records that their call center misinformed them about the promotion. All these evidences are in Turkish and I've contacted them by writing a complaint letter online. I have added the screenshots and photos of boarding passes of the flights. Their Turkish speaking customer service is not that slow and replies within 2 weeks ( sometimes even faster ). I've heard that some of the passengers received their x5 status miles after their complaint on ADA/GZT/TZX routes. I won't be able to advise you how to complain because I haven't tried to reach Turkish Airlines in English.

As we both have the same issue, you could contact me via Personal Message for additional information or help contacting Turkish Airlines in Turkish.
I would also write the result of my case to this thread when it's completed.
julien2062 likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As I mentioned on this post, I have contacted Turkish Airlines and received a simple answer that doesn't even address my issue. I have rewritten another complaint that my question hasn't been answered yet.

For those interested I am sharing evidence in Turkish that they have changed the terms & conditions without notifying members.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:52 am

I'm sorry but I see it is written that the conditions and definition of the promotion can be changed by TK at any time at their discretion. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about that.
axxoo25 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Crixus
I'm sorry but I see it is written that the conditions and definition of the promotion can be changed by TK at any time at their discretion. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about that.
thats exactly why TK will not credit TZX/ADA/GZT.

The ticket for TZX/ADA/GZT must have been issued bevore KK changed the rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.