Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

'5 x More Status Miles exclusive to the opening of Istanbul Airport!'

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'5 x More Status Miles exclusive to the opening of Istanbul Airport!'

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2018, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Talking '5 x More Status Miles exclusive to the opening of Istanbul Airport!'

Noticed this on TKs website:

https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-t...ort/index.html

Terms and Conditions
  • The special offer is valid only for Economy Class and Business Class flights from/to Istanbul Airport between 31 October 2018 - 31 December 2018.
  • Miles&Smiles members will earn 5 x more Status Miles within the scope of the offer.
  • The flights, which are added to Miles&Smiles account until 31 December 2018, are included to the offer.
  • Extra Miles to be earned from the special offer will be added collectively to the account at the end of the offer.
  • The right of use cannot be transferred to third persons.
  • The offer is only valid for scheduled flights operated by Turkish Airlines. It is not valid for Turkish Airlines codeshare flights and Star Alliance partner airline flights.
  • Turkish Airlines reserves its legal rights against the parties concerned if a violation of the special offer terms and conditions is determined.
  • Turkish Airlines reserves the right to change the terms and conditions, definitions or other information, and to cancel the special offer at any time.

I already booked a TK flight and i'm flying next week, AMS to KUL via Ataturk booked in Q class. I wonder if I qualify for this.., and how many extra miles I will get and/if it only applies to flights to and from Istanbul Yeni airport.

Last edited by Granite64; Nov 1, 2018 at 7:32 am
Old Nov 1, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, JL Gold, AS MVP Gold, VA Gold
No, only for the flights to/from ISL new airport
Old Nov 1, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
From the Offer Email: Only flights TO/FROM ISL / (New) Istanbul Airport and TO/FROM Ankara , Antalya , Izmir , Cyprus , Baku!!
Old Nov 1, 2018, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Granite64

• I already booked a TK flight and i'm flying next week, AMS to KUL via Ataturk booked in Q class. I wonder if I qualify for this.., and how many extra miles I will get and/if it only applies to flights to and from Istanbul Yeni airport.
Only the new flights to/from ISL.

Makes sense... apart from #avgeeks who would want to fly that route when Ataturk options still exist...
Old Nov 1, 2018, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Only the new flights to/from ISL.

Makes sense... apart from #avgeeks who would want to fly that route when Ataturk options still exist...
Yeah I already expected something like this, these offers can not all be like Iberia's offers lol
Old Nov 1, 2018, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
So yet another useless TK promo...
Old Nov 1, 2018, 10:48 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Doesn't this depend on perspective? Useless for you maybe. Certainly for me too but they need to fill those "extra" flights so this just might help.
Gnopps and gr8pirate like this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 10:59 am

will the promo also qualify for new member of m&s? if yes then its quite a steal, no?
Old Nov 1, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
From the Offer Email: Only flights TO/FROM ISL / (New) Istanbul Airport and TO/FROM Ankara , Antalya , Izmir , Cyprus , Baku!!
Originally Posted by kerjaansei
will the promo also qualify for new member of m&s? if yes then its quite a steal, no?
@kerjaansei AFAIK, yes, you do! Steal: well, it depends on your perspective and also, if you have loads of flight to/from ISL to the above places!
gr8pirate likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 7:49 pm

So IST(ISL should be similar)-GYD is 2,225 miles x 5 = 11k~ round trip in economy. How is this going to play out in business class AND with Elite status??
Old Nov 1, 2018, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
TK has had some stonkingly good promos, though not always implemented smoothly

This one will work well for some, though clearly not for you.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:28 am
Suspended

Nope not usless.
Antalya and Ankara as example are flown once a day. A return flight in business class would normally earn you 2000 status points, but with this promotion you will earn a total of 10000 status points for every return flight.

In order to get Elite Status at Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles program, equivalent to Star Alliance Gold, you need to earn 40000 points.

So 4 inner Turkey business class flights will already bring you the Star Alliance Gold status with this promotion. The prices on these routes can go as low as 79€, but realistically you will pay around 140€. Best way to find prices is via Google Flights.

Last edited by Premiumflights; Nov 2, 2018 at 4:35 am
Old Nov 2, 2018, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Presumably it's 1 or 2 aircraft at ISL. Has anybody looked into the combination of routes that would have you flying all day and picking up at least 4, if not 6, segments? Ankara is midday IIRC.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Presumably it's 1 or 2 aircraft at ISL. Has anybody looked into the combination of routes that would have you flying all day and picking up at least 4, if not 6, segments? Ankara is midday IIRC.
cmiimw but i dont think it's possible. ankara and antalya are midday and connecting is only an hour i think. adb-isl morning, isl-adb afternoon.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, the Antalya flight flies into ISL and back out to Antalya. Ankara starts at ISL and returns there. Both around midday. Different aircraft therefore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.