Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

'5 x More Status Miles exclusive to the opening of Istanbul Airport!'

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'5 x More Status Miles exclusive to the opening of Istanbul Airport!'

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA plat, BA, B6, DL, UA gold, SPG/Marriott gold

Outbound flight calculated as 150 miles x5 = 750 miles We had thought outbound would be 300 miles x5 Won't be flying any more from ISL, kthxbye
Old Nov 4, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by stevenmb
Outbound flight calculated as 150 miles x5 = 750 miles We had thought outbound would be 300 miles x5 Won't be flying any more from ISL, kthxbye
Sorry, that’s disappointing.

The low promo fare you bought only gave you 50% of flown miles. You can usually see the exact booking class not long before you pay, but generally: the promo fares don’t give 100%, but the semi-flexible ones do in my experience.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
I'm considering doing this. Has anyone managed to book this status run within the time frame of a couple of days? Best I can find is four roundtrips in four days with a total cost of about 800e, which is not really that great. Plus positioning and hotels.

Last edited by Alec84; Nov 5, 2018 at 4:21 am
Old Nov 5, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat.M&S E+
Tk

Originally Posted by Alec84
I'm considering doing this. Has anyone managed to book this status run within the time frame of a couple of days? Best I can find is four roundtrips in four days with a total cost of about 800e, which is not really that great. Plus positioning and hotels.
Yes, booked 4 returns on 1st of Nov for € 312,-
Old Nov 5, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
What is the best routing to minimize # of days spent on this? ISL is far from downtown, so I don't want to spend 7 days going there only for one flight a day. Is there anything like ESB-ADB-AYT routing in a day? I checked and it seems impossible, but there are great minds there, so maybe someone figured out something
Old Nov 5, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: TK Elite
in Businesss?
you pay 800 € and get Elite+ which is 4 years *A-Gold.

Its a great deal imho.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by flyjfk
What is the best routing to minimize # of days spent on this? ISL is far from downtown, so I don't want to spend 7 days going there only for one flight a day. Is there anything like ESB-ADB-AYT routing in a day? I checked and it seems impossible, but there are great minds there, so maybe someone figured out something
You can fly for positioning to ADB and than do ADB/ISL/ESB/ISL/ADB on one day. But prices are now > TL 2500,-
Old Nov 5, 2018, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by axxoo25
in Businesss?
you pay 800 € and get Elite+ which is 4 years *A-Gold.

Its a great deal imho.
It's 40k M&S, only enough for elite. Elite+ ist 80k if you start from 0
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, I've played around with this a lot and cannot find anything that works. When I find suitable checkerboard flights, Business is not available. I considered doing 2 RT's in a day in Biz to rack up some quick cheap miles, but it would seem that it is now not possible.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
"You can fly for positioning to ADB and than do ADB/ISL/ESB/ISL/ADB on one day. But prices are now > TL 2500,-"

Any date suggestions? Google Flights shows no availability no matter what I try.

Last edited by Alec84; Nov 5, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
"You can fly for positioning to ADB and than do ADB/ISL/ESB/ISL/ADB on one day. But prices are now > TL 2500,-"

Any date suggestions? Google Flights shows no availability no matter what I try.
There was a reason why I posted this promo link to Istanbul new airport thread, not as a new topic, a two days before when OP decided to post it separately in forum. I made quite many bookings for my friends and put them on 24 hrs hold before ticketing, so they could easily take a time to make decisions. Unfortunately 4 segments business class is not available anymore in consecutive days,although you might find a ISL-ADB segments in business. If the 6000 points for 4 segment ADB-ISL-ESB is good for you, then 13th and 14th December is available in Economy flexible for 692TL. I did not looked other dates,but you can choose a calendar view in TK website.

Last edited by Jaenks; Nov 5, 2018 at 3:30 pm
Old Nov 6, 2018, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Jaenks
There was a reason why I posted this promo link to Istanbul new airport thread, not as a new topic, a two days before when OP decided to post it separately in forum. I made quite many bookings for my friends and put them on 24 hrs hold before ticketing, so they could easily take a time to make decisions. Unfortunately 4 segments business class is not available anymore in consecutive days,although you might find a ISL-ADB segments in business. If the 6000 points for 4 segment ADB-ISL-ESB is good for you, then 13th and 14th December is available in Economy flexible for 692TL. I did not looked other dates,but you can choose a calendar view in TK website.
Some blogs posted it before I posted it here.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"Some blogs" don't have quite the impact of Flyertalk. Some people also can figure out that flights to from ISL, mean flights to/fr ISL.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 4:16 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by Granite64
Some blogs posted it before I posted it here.
If you find the information from some blog, then would be polite to point at it(www.......com) when you start a thread but not start with "Noticed this on TKs website" after it has been published in several places a days before.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's a generational thing. Some people below a certain age believe that anything and everything should be posted online, and do not care about the originality or consequences of what they post nor how they post it, worse they often do not listen to reason, make excuses, and will never understand understatement or subtlety. I am not just talking about this one post or subject, but a plethora............

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.