Search

Lufthansa PNR ----> THY PNR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2018, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Lufthansa PNR ----> THY PNR

i booked a TK flight with Lufthansa miles, and find the LH PNR doesn't work with TK.

I could phone them, but my heart sinks at the idea. Is there any other way of getting the TK equivalent reference?
Old Oct 13, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
You can try pulling up your LH PNR on CheckMyTrip.

I think it would probably be a lot easier to just call LH or TK - either of them should be able to provide the TK PNR in a matter of seconds if you give them your eticket number.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Surely you'd have to phone LH not TK, as TK probably shouldn't really be handing out PNR information to somebody over the phone, even if you can provide other details.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Surely you'd have to phone LH not TK, as TK probably shouldn't really be handing out PNR information to somebody over the phone, even if you can provide other details.

How is it any more secure for LH to "hand out" this information to "somebody on the phone...even if [they] can provide other details?"

Pretty much any ticketing or operating carrier will hand out their PNR information if a caller can verify eticket number, passenger name, and perhaps date of birth. It's not a great system, but there aren't really any practical alternatives.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL

How is it any more secure for LH to "hand out" this information to "somebody on the phone...even if [they] can provide other details?"

Pretty much any ticketing or operating carrier will hand out their PNR information if a caller can verify eticket number, passenger name, and perhaps date of birth. It's not a great system, but there aren't really any practical alternatives.
Because you can call LH and say "hey, my PNR is XXXXXX, can you tell me what my TK PNR is" as well as whatever security checks are deemed necessary.

Calling TK and saying "hey, I'm flying on flight YYY can you tell me my PNR please" doesn't quite do it. Offer the LH PNR and they won't recognise it, which is the problem in the first place. So unless I'm missing something, there's no way of determining the personal information on file to then ask security questions.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Because you can call LH and say "hey, my PNR is XXXXXX, can you tell me what my TK PNR is" as well as whatever security checks are deemed necessary.

Calling TK and saying "hey, I'm flying on flight YYY can you tell me my PNR please" doesn't quite do it. Offer the LH PNR and they won't recognise it, which is the problem in the first place. So unless I'm missing something, there's no way of determining the personal information on file to then ask security questions.
If you call TK (or LH) and say "my name is YYYY/ZZZZ. I'm on flight TK1234 on 30MAR18," they would pull up your PNR and ask you the standard security questions. Both carriers have all the same data - name, date of birth, full itinerary, frequent flyer number, etc..

If you call TK (or LH) and say "my ticket number is 2202345678901 and my name is YYYY/ZZZZ," the same process applies - they pull up your PNR and ask you security verification questions.

If you call LH and say "my LH PNR is XXXXXX and my name is YYYY/ZZZZ," they pull up your PNR and ask you the exact same security verification questions before giving you the TK PNR.

All of these pieces of information serve the exact same purpose - to give the airline a unique key to query their reservations database for. Once they have your record up, if you can answer the security questions, you have unfettered access to the reservation.
airoli likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
You can't see any LH reservation on checkmytrip. Months ago they withdraw permission for this, and there is no hint it will change back soon.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Sadly, that useful option ended some time ago.

No great problem calling Lufthansa, but I thought maybe there was an easy fix through another carrier's system.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 8:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
I have the same issue for, had to ask my local office to get me the PNR
Old Feb 24, 2024, 12:59 am

I could tell you how I do it because I see none of the answers addresses your query. So if you are a member of Turkish Airlines' Miles and Smiles, just go to Lufthansa and add your Turkish Airlines Miles and Smiles Frequent Flyer number. Once you do that, go to your profile on Turkish Airlines, navigate to the 'My Flights' section and your flight will be listed there with the Turkish Airlines PNR. Good Luck!

PS: I just realized your query is 6 years old lol. But perhaps my answer would help someone else or even yourself in future trips. I guess you could use this method for pretty much any other airline as well.
the810, Hafnia, Kostya and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.