Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many segments on a one way TK award?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2018, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
How many segments on a one way TK award?

Hi, I have been looking to book an award on TK Miles&Smiles, from Asia to Europe in J.
On the TK award chart this costs 45000 miles, this is a one way award and I was wondering how many segments/flights I can add to a one way award and if backtracking is allowed.

I already sent some emails to some TK sales offices (and I talked with some FT members) and they confirmed it is possible to mix carriers (even though some websites state that it is impossible)

In other words: I want to maximize the amount of flights/carriers/time in the air for the least amount of miles.

I'm not staying at any airport more than 24 hours so it should not qualify as a stopover.

I found some award availability on United.com and I was wondering if this itinerary would be ticketable at TK for 45k miles:

This one from NRT to AMS via KUL and IST on NH and TK, i'm not staying at any airport more than 24 hours so it should not qualify as a stopover.

Second one is from KUL to AMS via TPE and VIE on BR, ET and OS:

I hope you guys can help me.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 1:26 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
IIRC, it is 8 segments per return, hence 4 per one-way award. However, you cannot combine this many airlines to one-way award. The rule is 1 airline + they allow combination of 1 with TK.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by on22cz
IIRC, it is 8 segments per return, hence 4 per one-way award. However, you cannot combine this many airlines to one-way award. The rule is 1 airline + they allow combination of 1 with TK.
Thank you for your reply, I wonder who's right though (typical TK..) . I emailed TK's sales office in PRG and asked them if it was possible to ticket this itinerary (Asia>North America) and they said: yes no problem.

Last edited by Granite64; Sep 16, 2018 at 4:34 am
Old Sep 16, 2018, 4:43 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Well, it is possible to ticket it, but it should be charged as separate awards. However, I believe there have been some reports of offices playing their own "games", so it's probably worth giving it a try. Also, don't always believe the price (in miles) quote they give you - while they might think it will be priced according to the redemption table, the system may eventually have different requirement for issuing a ticket.
Please report back if you succeed.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by on22cz
Well, it is possible to ticket it, but it should be charged as separate awards. However, I believe there have been some reports of offices playing their own "games", so it's probably worth giving it a try. Also, don't always believe the price (in miles) quote they give you - while they might think it will be priced according to the redemption table, the system may eventually have different requirement for issuing a ticket.
Please report back if you succeed.
Well I asked how many miles were required for this, she said 67500 which is a standard Asia>North America award.

Last edited by Granite64; Sep 16, 2018 at 6:33 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.