Wiki Posts
Search

LHR - IST

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2018, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
LHR - IST

I知 flying LHR-IST tomorrow on the TK1980. I知 not looking forward to the journey on the tube and am thinking of grabbing a shower in one of the lounges in Terminal 2 given the sweltering journey that awaits me with the mini heatwave in London but all of the lounges that have showers are in T2B, I think.

Does the TK1980 depart from T2A or T2B or does it vary?

I知 trying to find out how long I will need to plan for if I have to come back to T2A from T2B.

Last edited by CoweyB; Jul 24, 2018 at 5:29 am
Old Jul 24, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by CoweyB
I知 flying LHR-IST tomorrow on the TK1980. I知 not looking forward to the journey on the tube and am thinking of grabbing a shower in one of the lounges in Terminal 2 given the sweltering journey that awaits me with the mini heatwave in London but all of the lounges that have showers are in T2B, I think.

Does the TK1980 depart from T2A or T2B or does it vary?

I知 trying to find out how long I will need to plan for if I have to come back to T2A from T2B.
I think it varies, I had to walk back. It痴 a hike, probably 15 minutes,!and you don稚 have any moving walkways on the way back.

...but the showers at the UA lounge were great!
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:01 am

Being a wide body flight TK1980 tends to go from the B terminal but I think it is not a certainty. As you are aware there are no showers in the LH lounge but you could start there and move to one of the 2B lounges when the gate is decided about 75 minutes before the flight. It might give you time for a shower. I have read that the UA showers are the best and the lounge is very nice.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold

Originally Posted by Obruni Boy
Being a wide body flight TK1980 tends to go from the B terminal but I think it is not a certainty. As you are aware there are no showers in the LH lounge but you could start there and move to one of the 2B lounges when the gate is decided about 75 minutes before the flight. It might give you time for a shower. I have read that the UA showers are the best and the lounge is very nice.
thanks for all the advice. I had the shower and it was very nice and I am still in the (lovely) UA lounge having had a small breakfast keeping room for my TK lunch! I can see the TK plane across the apron at or near gate 218 so I will head back over to the LH Lounge shortly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.