Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access for ORD - IST - ADB on J

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2018, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Lounge access for ORD - IST - ADB on J

I am about to take my first trip with Turkish Airlines and I have very little information about their lounge access policy . Which lounges I can use at ORD pre-departure and at IST for the 3 hour connection to ADB?
Old May 9, 2018, 3:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by qazwsxr
I am about to take my first trip with Turkish Airlines and I have very little information about their lounge access policy . Which lounges I can use at ORD pre-departure and at IST for the 3 hour connection to ADB?
I assume you are either travelling Business or are *G then in order to access the lounge?

I had a quick look at the Star Alliance lounge finder and it points to the Worldwide Flights Services Contract Lounge in Terminal 5 at ORD as the TK lounge for its Business passengers.

if you are *G you could also use any other * lounge and it says there is a Swiss and SAS lounge in terminal 5 as well

At IST you will need to use the Domestic Lounge which is towards the left side of the airport upon arrival - just follow the signs to CIP Domestic Lounge. The lounge there is in two bits one side for *G and J passengers and the other for Classic Plus. In the middle between them is an area I describe as a “bus station” as a minibus will come and collect you and take you to the plane you don’t need to walk to the gate.

The Domestic Lounge isn’t as grand as the International one. The food range is much more limited and there is no alcohol served (nor in the ADB Lounge)

If you have checked your bags through to ADB there is a separate exit for the customs check - but there are TK staff to guide you.

When you leave ADB I think (someone will correct me if I’m wrong) you can check in bags at the Lounge as there was no Business Class check in that I could see in the terminal when I flew out from there last year. Again a bus will take you from the ADB Lounge to the plane. Announcements are made in Turkish and English.

And of course for IST to ORD you can use the magnificent international lounge. If it’s crowded you can always find seats downstairs. I recommend the manti station for a snack and the wonderful lentil soup with some Turkish beer.

Have a great trip - Izmir is a lovely city and I’d like to go back another time. And enjoy your flight with TK - if you are flying in J you will have a great time.

Last edited by CoweyB; May 9, 2018 at 8:33 am
Old May 9, 2018, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for the informative reply. This will be my first time flying business at Turkish Airlines (I have almost always used Emirates) and if they are as good as advertised I am looking forward to be a regular TK flyer.
Old May 10, 2018, 6:20 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
At ORD it is now Swissport Lounge (not Swiss - these are different lounges). You may try to access LX or SK Lounges, but rejection might happen as they might be full for own airlines' flights.

Swissport Lounge is fairly pathetic - limited food, windowless, dirty.

Invitation is required, if eligible you will be given one at check-in.

PS. Worldwide Flight Services Lounge is now closed.
Old May 10, 2018, 4:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by TPJ

PS. Worldwide Flight Services Lounge is now closed.
So much for Star Alliance keeping their lounge finder up to date...

:0(
Old May 10, 2018, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
I'll be flying out of ORD in about a month and will try to get admitted to T1 to use the Polaris lounge. A very nice lounge. If I do I will take the air side bus for all with a T5 boarding pass from T3 to T5.

Will report my success or failure.
Old May 11, 2018, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Is it possible to enter the Polaris lounge with a Turkish Airlines (or in general some other Star Alliance carrier than United) business class ticket? I will be flying in 5 days and if its possible I would like to try to enter too.
Old May 11, 2018, 7:16 am

Is it possible to enter the Polaris lounge with a Turkish Airlines (or in general some other Star Alliance carrier than United) business class ticket? I will be flying in 5 days and if its possible I would like to try to enter too.
I hyave not tried but the rules indicate that any *A international business class passenger has access from the link below:

International business class on a Star Alliance member airline:

A boarding pass for travel in international business class on a Star Alliance member airline Customers may only access a United Polaris lounge at the departure airport for their international business class flight.
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...ge/access.aspx

Since I will have a boarding pass for a TK business class ticket departing ORD that day I believe I will have access. Otherwise my wife will be angry with me for making her take the train from T5 to T1 and then walking to T3 for the air side bus for nothing. But there have been a number of reports of people with T5 boarding passes clearing security at domestic terminals for club access.
Old May 11, 2018, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

International business class on a Star Alliance member airline:

A boarding pass for travel in international business class on a Star Alliance member airline Customers may only access a United Polaris lounge at the departure airport for their international business class flight.
Thank you, I will try to do this for my flight next week. I will post the results here if it works so you don't have to needlessly annoy your wife.
Old May 11, 2018, 5:10 pm

Thank you, I will try to do this for my flight next week. I will post the results here if it works so you don't have to needlessly annoy your wife.
I will look for your post. I have been in the Swissport lounge a few times over the years. OZ uses if for their T5 departures. Outside of having a open bottle bar, there is not much to recommend it. I haven't visited the new Polaris lounge yet so it might be fun for us.
Old May 13, 2018, 7:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: M&S
I just flown from ord ist. swiss lounge; the lady was polite but told me they are full and about to close at 6pm after that went to sas lounge ; omg 2 ladies at thr front desk and supervisor was horrible , at the end of our conversation I show my middle finger to her, I will never regret it. She deserve it. I think Tk cip lounges in 5 different international airport should never accept sas star gold passenger.
rozy, piotrger and hartfordsam like this.
Old May 16, 2018, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

I am at the Swissport lounge right now. I was to tired to take the train and walk all the way back to T3. The lounge is quite empty so I'm not complaining.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 7:47 am

any updated lounges at ORD? mother is going to be stuck there for a while since it seems TK186 is quite delayed. Also, is a invitation still required to get into swissport lounge? shes connecting in ORD so she wont be going to the check in area. Is her business class boarding pass enough to enter?
Old Jan 28, 2022, 11:11 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by omaralt
any updated lounges at ORD? mother is going to be stuck there for a while since it seems TK186 is quite delayed. Also, is a invitation still required to get into swissport lounge? shes connecting in ORD so she wont be going to the check in area. Is her business class boarding pass enough to enter?
The J boarding pass is enough to enter but the lounge TK uses doesn't open until noon according to the *A website.

https://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-finder
Old Jan 30, 2022, 4:24 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
The J boarding pass is enough to enter but the lounge TK uses doesn't open until noon according to the *A website.

https://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-finder
See my post #4 - this lounge closed many years ago TK uses Swissport lounge (that - you are right - may be closed in the mornings). SK lounge is still closed as are LX and SK lounges. T5 is a mess as huge rebuilding program is going one. Once done DL will move to T5 to be co-located with other SkyTeam carriers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.