Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Question: How to search for Award Seats for M&S , fastly in flexible date options.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: How to search for Award Seats for M&S , fastly in flexible date options.

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2018, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK
Originally Posted by KVS
Here is an example of I Class Award Availability for a random date.

Once again, we would invite you to consult the KVS Tool User Guide to get a [better] understanding of how the 31-day [Power Search] function actually works.
That is really interesting. Either you dont read&understand what I am saying, or I am not very smart enough to describe what I think. Lets go on the option that I am not smart.

Could you please assume that I am a newbie, I dont have your application yet because not convinced enough to pay, If it can do what I need, so not possible to try & see from my screen.

At the same time, please accept me as a newbie and not smart person enough to understand your KVS guide, which basicly explains what buttons to press, which is basicly not what I ask.

Please try to read once again what I request. Please.

You posted some 1 day result, and that is already avaiable in any kind of application that is related with flights, which obviously not needed as well.

Could you, please, Post a result of 1 Monthly search, specificly filtered for TK flights I class, in random date, random segment, random month. (Random means, any choice of yours)

So I can see, which dates are avaiable for I class in that route. That is the idea of all my messages.

Is this request so hard to understand? If I am really not able to explain what I need, there should be a problem with me?
Old May 17, 2018, 9:19 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by dtxdnc
[b]Could you, please, Post a result of 1 Monthly search, specificly filtered for TK flights I class, in random date, random segment, random month.
KVS Tool always displays Award Availability results for a single day (unless you run multiple instances of it).

Power Search is a convenience function of the KVS Tool that can be used to locate Award Availability (matching the Filter criteria) across a specified date range (of up to 31 days).
Old May 18, 2018, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KVS
KVS Tool always displays Award Availability results for a single day (unless you run multiple instances of it).

Power Search is a convenience function of the KVS Tool that can be used to locate Award Availability (matching the Filter criteria) across a specified date range (of up to 31 days).
Are you really ignoring my key question every time ?

Thanks for your respones, but I am really getting hard time to understand the point "Why dont you post an simple example result of what I ask"

Lets look it from a different angle, maybe it helps. Consider me as a customer and you are the travel agency that sells tickets, but lets assume that we are only interested in award tickets for business.

My question is;

"Hey Mr. KVS, I am looking for a flight to IST-ORD in 2018 July or August, could you tell me which dates are avaiable for TK I-Class direct?" (Route/Month could be random of your choice)

Than I assume, "as you say" your application can handle this and you make a search and list the avaiable dates in month.

How about showing that result page to us and tell me which dates are avaible? (I say dateS = multiple(in.month))

So I can understand what will I get If I commit to your application for this reason. Just a result of search / it could be random.

Once again, please consider me as a not smart person and a newbie, and the only way I can understand this, when I see result screenshot of something that is related to what I ask.

Telling that "it makes/it works/ it does the search / read faq" makes no-sense for me, because I dont understand. How about showing that to me ?

Thanks.
Old May 18, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
I think you are asking too much from products like KVSTool and ExpertFlyer as far as award search sophistication goes. Both KVS and EF work well and each has its own strengths as opposed to the other.

Have you looked at AwardNexus? It is a site created by FlyerTalk member @ckpeter. As a FT member you can get a free community membership. It has a very powerful user interface (much better than most of the other tools). By default it generates a very useful tabular view of the results and remembers a good amount of previous searches.

However to do a lot of power searches and to generate a lot of tables you will exhaust your free points pretty fast and have to buy more. But I think you should get enough at the start to see if you like it or not.

The thread for it is found here.
Old May 18, 2018, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cheltzel
I think you are asking too much from products like KVSTool and ExpertFlyer as far as award search sophistication goes. Both KVS and EF work well and each has its own strengths as opposed to the other.

Have you looked at AwardNexus? It is a site created by FlyerTalk member @ckpeter. As a FT member you can get a free community membership. It has a very powerful user interface (much better than most of the other tools). By default it generates a very useful tabular view of the results and remembers a good amount of previous searches.

However to do a lot of power searches and to generate a lot of tables you will exhaust your free points pretty fast and have to buy more. But I think you should get enough at the start to see if you like it or not.

The thread for it is found here.
I will definetely check it, thanks for recommendation.

Basicly, I dont have any expectation from KVS, I just opened a thread what way I can find about this in general, and he posted as "KVS can do it for monthly"

Than I asked, "Thats great, can you send me a screenshot of an example search result for monthly" so I could see If it is something that I can easily use, because they dont offer trial, which is understandable.

Unfortunately for around multiple messages, I still did not receive any response that is convincing me "how it shows the results" and he was the one telling "it does the job" but for some reason, not showing how.

Maybe I should find some KVS users to post an example search result...
Old May 18, 2018, 9:09 am

I will definetely check it, thanks for recommendation.

Basicly, I dont have any expectation from KVS, I just opened a thread what way I can find about this in general, and he posted as "KVS can do it for monthly"

Than I asked, "Thats great, can you send me a screenshot of an example search result for monthly" so I could see If it is something that I can easily use, because they dont offer trial, which is understandable.

Unfortunately for around multiple messages, I still did not receive any response that is convincing me "how it shows the results" and he was the one telling "it does the job" but for some reason, not showing how.

Maybe I should find some KVS users to post an example search result...
I use KVS (and am happy with it) and it will do 31 days like the KVS guy says. But it will be day by day. EF has a similar constraint. Your asking him to do it for you means that he would have to log each available flight and put it into a table.

The reason I am recommending AwardNexus is it does the tabular view of award availability over time as part of its default user interface. So I thought it may be a better alternative for the way you are approaching it.
Old May 18, 2018, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cheltzel
I use KVS (and am happy with it) and it will do 31 days like the KVS guy says. But it will be day by day. EF has a similar constraint. Your asking him to do it for you means that he would have to log each available flight and put it into a table.

The reason I am recommending AwardNexus is it does the tabular view of award availability over time as part of its default user interface. So I thought it may be a better alternative for the way you are approaching it.
Thanks for the explanation,

As my understanding basicly KVS does not offer what I need.

I was looking for a simple solution to search monthly for avaiable dates and see them in one simple screen to filter which flights avaiable. Now with your response, it seems it shows them seperately which is not useful for what I need.

It explains why I could not get a screenshot from KVS for my multiple messages, anyways, lets say it was a misunderstanding of each other.

By the way, EF has a good search but only avaiable for +/- 3 days, basicly makes a weekly search very fast, but need to click 2-3 filter buttons every search to see proper result. Not bad, but I am willing to try to see If I can find any better.

I will now start to read AwardNexus thread and I will try it. Will let you know If it helps or not, thanks very much.
Old May 18, 2018, 10:31 am

Thanks for the explanation,

As my understanding basicly KVS does not offer what I need.

I was looking for a simple solution to search monthly for avaiable dates and see them in one simple screen to filter which flights avaiable. Now with your response, it seems it shows them seperately which is not useful for what I need.

It explains why I could not get a screenshot from KVS for my multiple messages, anyways, lets say it was a misunderstanding of each other.

By the way, EF has a good search but only avaiable for +/- 3 days, basicly makes a weekly search very fast, but need to click 2-3 filter buttons every search to see proper result. Not bad, but I am willing to try to see If I can find any better.

I will now start to read AwardNexus thread and I will try it. Will let you know If it helps or not, thanks very much.
Reach out to ckpeter if you have questions on the support thread for his site/product. I've found him very responsive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.