Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Downgraded to silver but still TK*G on boarding pass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2018, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Topbonus Platiunum, Miles&Smiles Silver, Iberia Plus

Last December I was downgraded from Gold to Silver. But on my new boarding pass from Swiss Air (booked this week) it still shows TK*G on it. Is that normal? Can I access then the lounge, altough I have silver status?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by mwolff
Last December I was downgraded from Gold to Silver. But on my new boarding pass from Swiss Air (booked this week) it still shows TK*G on it. Is that normal? Can I access then the lounge, altough I have silver status?
If it's coded as TK*G on the boarding pass, it could possibly work (for this trip), unless there is a different system for authorization. Depending on how you feel about possibly being denied publicly, you could give it a try. The access rules say that you only need to present your boarding pass with *G written on it. The card only needs to be produced if your boarding pass is not coded.
" You will need to present your boarding pass for a Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport. If your boarding pass does not carry the Star Alliance Gold indicator, you will need also to show your valid Star Alliance Gold card. " Lounge Access Policy - Star Alliance - Star Alliance
Old Mar 4, 2018, 2:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
LX is notorious for asking to present a plastic card ... I guess that's why ...
Old Mar 4, 2018, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
LH and LX at their hubs did not ask to see my card for SEN lounge access last week (AC*G)...
Old Mar 4, 2018, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Give it a try. If you are asked for the TK G card just explain that you didn't bring it but it is in the reservation (at the same time pointing to the TK*G on your BP). Whether you will be allowed to enter the LX, I don't know...but good luck!
Old Mar 12, 2018, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Topbonus Platiunum, Miles&Smiles Silver, Iberia Plus
Also on return flight I had the TK*G Status on my boarding pass. I tried it in Zurich and could enter the lounge + 1 guest without any problems Let's see on the next flight...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.