Wiki Posts
Search

777 Two seat config confusion

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2018, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
777 Two seat config confusion

My partner and I are flying TK LHR-IST in March. On the outbound leg, I've chosen 26A and 26B which appears to be just two seats rather than 3 on the usual 777 seat map. I can't seem to find a seat map elsewhere that reflects this. Is this a mistake on the system or is there just two seats on A/B and J/K on this aircraft much like on row 55 and 56?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 12:07 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
I’m not 100% sure about this, but was under the impression that LHR wasn’t always 777s.
Even so, this might be yet another website hiccup.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gr8pirate
I’m not 100% sure about this, but was under the impression that LHR wasn’t always 777s.
Even so, this might be yet another website hiccup.
Here is the seat map that's been offered. It's very strange as I can't find any seat map online that shows this config.

Old Mar 11, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
I've seen before that seats blocked for resting or deadheading crew simply don't show up on the online seat maps. In my case it was a A330 and I was wondering why the last row of J had a 2-2-1 config. Turns out the "missing" seat was physically present but not for passenger use.

May be something similar here.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 5:30 am
Original Poster

After doing some digging, it appears the 77K note on the seat map refers to the 3 777's that TK have taken from Kenya Airways. See here:

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/43455-turkish-to-take-kenya-airways-trio-of-b777-300ers

That might explain the odd seat map?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.