Search

Adress of member and New website of TK.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2017, 3:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles and Smiles
Adress of member and New website of TK.

Hi,

As a frequent traveller on Star Alliance I have a Gold status on Turkish Airlines - I'm an Elite member for almost 8 years.

Since TK revamped its website for a new one convenient for mobile device, I have many problems to keep alive my membership :
First I could not fill the city in the adress field, because there is a limited listing of French cities, and mine is not included ; than they found somewhere - I really don't know where a totally fake and fantasy adress in my city, to fill the "adress field" and let empty the "city field".
To correct that I send them a request, they asked me to send a copy of my passport to check my adress, and I did it...
They send me a very self satisfied message to explain me that everything was fine now, but it was not at all, and nothing changed.

For a few weeks there is no option anymore to use the old style website, and I can only long in : impossible to see the flights, to reddem or anything. I only get a shield claiming that it is a must to fill the "city" field to continue... And my city is not in the listing, so.

What do you suggest me to do ?

In case there is no better option, where to match from a TK*, as anyway if nothing is done properly I won't be able to receive the renewal of my card in February.

Thanks for advice.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Here’s the link to the old website.
http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-us?returnoldversion
Old Dec 17, 2017, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Did you move? What is wrong with using the address you've used for the last 8 years? Or using the address of a friend or family member. After all, it is only used to send you a plastic card every 2 years.

Of course if the old website works for you, then you now have the link...
Old Dec 17, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Salacak34
HFirst I could not fill the city in the adress field, because there is a limited listing of French cities, and mine is not included ; than they found somewhere - I really don't know where a totally fake and fantasy adress in my city, to fill the "adress field" and let empty the "city field".
To correct that I send them a request, they asked me to send a copy of my passport to check my adress, and I did it...
They send me a very self satisfied message to explain me that everything was fine now, but it was not at all, and nothing changed.
I had the same problem when signing up about 6 months ago. Even on the old site it had a restrictive list of cities available. I selected a nearby one (~40 miles away), and entered my correct zip code, and so far the post office seems to have got everything to me based on the ZIP code.

Whilst transiting IST a few weeks ago I went to the Miles&Smiles service desk and asked them to correct my address, which they confirmed they had done. When I look on the website now it still shows exactly the same incorrect address. I wish I could be surprised, but I'm not...
Old Dec 21, 2017, 4:19 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by docbert
I had the same problem when signing up about 6 months ago. Even on the old site it had a restrictive list of cities available. I selected a nearby one (~40 miles away), and entered my correct zip code, and so far the post office seems to have got everything to me based on the ZIP code.

Whilst transiting IST a few weeks ago I went to the Miles&Smiles service desk and asked them to correct my address, which they confirmed they had done. When I look on the website now it still shows exactly the same incorrect address. I wish I could be surprised, but I'm not...
I've had the same issue. My city is not in their list (previous one was). I asked them to change it while at IST and they did, but it didn't properly reflect on the website.But the thing is, I couldn't modify it on the website after that, leading me to believe they did change it on some internal system which overrides website values.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.