Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Trying to book Business class 355+ days out

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2017, 11:23 am
Original Poster

I'm planning a honeymoon trip to Athens. I would like to book a nice flight for my fiancee and I, and Turkish Airlines is having a really good sale on their business class tickets right now.

Right now a flight from JFK->ATH is ~ $2000 roundtrip for business class. Only problem is the dates. Our trip is planned October 1st 2018 to October 22nd 2018.

Here's the problem. Turkish airlines only lets you book flights 355 days in advance, and the promotion ends October 29th... so if I book it on October 29th, the maximum day I can reach is October 19th 2018... so I'm missing my trip dates by 3 days. SO CLOSE!!!

Do I have any options here? Could I book the tickets on October 29th from Oct 1 - > Oct 19th and then pay a fee to have the return trip rescheduled? Would that be allowed with a discounted fare? I wouldn't want to take that gamble with a $4000 pair of tickets, and I was wondering if anyone had experience with that.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 11:37 am
Original Poster

*the economy class promotion ends on October 29th... not sure about the business class promotion...
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by ncsuactor84FT
Could I book the tickets on October 29th from Oct 1 - > Oct 19th and then pay a fee to have the return trip rescheduled? Would that be allowed with a discounted fare?
Yes. At the appropriate change fee as per the fare rules. Plus the difference to the prevailing fare at that time, for the dates of travel you change it to. Unless the sale gets extended, you could be looking at a good chunk more money.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
$2k doesn't strike me as so ridiculously cheap that you won't be able to find something similar or better between now and next October.

As mentioned, if you book now and change dates, you have to pay the prevailing fare at the time of the change.

You could also do a bit of research into using miles. For example, you could conceivably fly direct on United or Delta by simply buying Avianca Lifemiles (United) or getting a Virgin Atlantic Flying Club credit card (Delta).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.