Wiki Posts
Search

Turkish Award YQ help

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, FM Prem, SPG gold
Turkish Award YQ help

I am looking to book an IST>JIB>MGQ return award with TK miles.

If UA/NH can see the space does that mean it is available for Cap Control Award Rate?

Would I be correct this RT would be priced at 20k miles in Y and 40k in J? And I would be allowed one stop over? So I could book IST>JIB, JIB>MGQ, MGQ>JIB>IST?

I have no miles in my account at the moment. Is anyone able to assist and tell me what the YQ (and other fees) would be on this award? J and Y?

Can TK awards be booked online, or must I visit the office?

thanks,
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
You are correct about the miles needed. Taxes and fees seem to be 1778 TRY in Y / 2364 TRY in J.
You can book it online, but I can't see an option of cutting the trip into segments in order to have a stopover. Not sure if visiting office will help to get the stopover.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Thanks!

~2300 TRY as in over $650?!?!

Not such a good deal...

Anyone ever book a stopover on a tk award? Says valid for RT, but must I call?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Yes, for M&S awards on other Star Alliance carriers you need to call TK to book. You will be told the taxes, YQ etc to be paid. You need to visit a TK ticket office to pay and have the ticket issued.

I can't remember the rules on stopover but it seems right that 1 stopover is permitted for a r/t flight. It is stated in M&S webpage.

But as you have no miles in your account, how will you book this?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR
But as you have no miles in your account, how will you book this?
I will transfer them in (Citi TYP) once I know space is there.

Could I book over the phone if the award is all TK metal?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 4:01 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
You can book online if it is all TK metal, can also call.

You do not need to visit a TK ticket office to pay or get ticket issued, I have done by email. Contact office by email, they will reply with forms for you to complete plus ask for scans of passport and both sides of the credit card you will pay surcharges/taxes with.

Last edited by tobegold; Oct 3, 2017 at 1:32 am
Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:22 am

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Originally Posted by tobegold
You can book online if it is all TK metal, can also call.

You do not need to visit a TK ticket office to pay or get ticket issued, I have done by email. Contact office by email, they will reply with forms for you to complete plus ask for scans of passport and both sides of the credit card you will pay surcharges/taxes [email protected]
I don't know if iI would be sending my credit card details and passport scan to a hotmail address? But then again I'm ever the pessimist after never receiving the 100.000.000 USD from that Nigerian judge 😁
Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:31 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by boosh
I don't know if iI would be sending my credit card details and passport scan to a hotmail address? But then again I'm ever the pessimist after never receiving the 100.000.000 USD from that Nigerian judge 😁
Don't know how that email address got in there, but will gladly accept donations towards my travel "habit".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.