Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Recliner seats on 330-300 Business class...since when?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Hello all,

I was recently watching a video TR on YouTube and it showed what looked like a new A333 with recliner style seats vs the traditional full flat seats. Is this new? I can't find a seat map or any information about it on the TK website. Just curious how many people have ran into this configuration.

Here is the video for reference:

Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
I seem to recall someone talking about these not too long ago. TK has some configured this way now for regional routes. It seems there are actually 2 different configurations of this "Regional C", one is ex-Skymark and the other is ex-Qatar.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dvs7310
I seem to recall someone talking about these not too long ago. TK has some configured this way now for regional routes. It seems there are actually 2 different configurations of this "Regional C", one is ex-Skymark and the other is ex-Qatar.
Thanks!

I find it a bit surprising how many configurations TK has for all of their different aircraft. It would be very disappointing to end up with the "Regional C" on a long haul due to an equipment change.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by averflavour
Hello all,

I was recently watching a video TR on YouTube and it showed what looked like a new A333 with recliner style seats vs the traditional full flat seats. Is this new? I can't find a seat map or any information about it on the TK website. Just curious how many people have ran into this configuration.

Here is the video for reference:

Turkish Airlines Airbus A330-300 Business Class Review - YouTube
I had this going from IST to KHI...I was not a happy chappy!
Old Sep 3, 2017, 9:45 am

This is complete BS from Turkish Airlines, look at the video, he is flying from Istanbul To Washington, an 11 hour flight and you get a normal recliner seat!!! TK is really screwing up here. I think the people who schedule the airplanes don't know about these business class seats and put these A330-300 on Ultra Long Haul flights without having a clue on what kind of business class seats they have.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
I thought those planes are only deployed for flights under 8 hours, if so I really need to think about my future commitment to TK.

p.s. I saw another video and he was flying DXB-IST, perhaps we need more data points to confirm if these frames could possibly be used for IST to NA, East Asia, and Southern Africa segments.

Last edited by vincewy; Sep 3, 2017 at 10:14 am
Old Sep 3, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
IST-CPT and JNB-IST in April were in their A333 with full flat business class.

I was under the impression that all 333's under TK already had the 'new' J product or that lie-flat seats were the norm for proper long haul routes.

Even some of their 332's are in the process of being updated if what I read over on another forum is true.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 11:47 am

If the Tail number of the plane in the description is correct; TC-JOK. Than this plane is flying across the world, Narita/Atlanta/JFK etc.. Booking a 3K$+ flight and ending up with this plane.. If I was boarding, and I see that the seats are like this, I would just turn around and ask if they can rebook my flight to a day later.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
#1 : I think this Youtube user reuploaded this and it's old content from someone else. It looks like a 'proper' trip report but the user doesn't have anything else along the lines of aviation or trip reports posted.

#2 : destination and tail number in video description are incorrect. There's a shot showing the tail number at 3:19 which shows tail as TC-LOD and a flight time of 4h.

looking at the flight history, TC-LOD isn't used beyond medium haul flights.

Last edited by gr8pirate; Sep 3, 2017 at 5:52 pm Reason: Clarity
Old Sep 4, 2017, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by vincewy
p.s. I saw another video and he was flying DXB-IST, perhaps we need more data points to confirm if these frames could possibly be used for IST to NA, East Asia, and Southern Africa segments.

This IS the video - re-uploaded from someone else with a wrong description.

Here is the right one DXB-IST

Old Sep 4, 2017, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
These frames are not used on long haul flights, only short to medium haul.

I don't understand people giving .... to TK for this because other compagnies like SQ, NH, JL, TG, etc also have recliner seats on some of their widebodies used for shorter flights.
And as pointed above, the flight on the video was not to Washington but Dubai.
airoli and trooper like this.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 4:01 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus
You will find these business seats on most flight to Africa, except South African routes, most European routes, near east routes (ozbekistan etc), middle east routes. So anything up to 6-7 hours TK is installing these seats, and anything longer you will get the lie-flat business cabin.

they are trying to install only 2 types of buiness seats now, lie flat or these new recliners. anything else you get will be either older planes not refurbished yet or leased.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 7:12 pm

Programs: AC MM
Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I'd just add to this one since it is dealing with a question I have.
I am planning to fly from Istanbul to Mauritius in August, a 10 hour flight, but wonder if there is a chance to get the recliner seat configured A330-300 on this route, in which case, I would definitely stay away from TK since it is a flight departing at 1:40am.

Is there any update on this issue and if flights to MRU get these recliner configured A330-300's?
Old Apr 2, 2018, 9:23 pm

Programs: AC MM
I think I just found the answer. Checking the A330-300 registrations used frequently for the IST - MRU flights, I found that most of the other flights operated by these aircraft are short or medium haul (Madrid, India, Northern Africa etc.) and it's very likely that the recliner seats are on these aircraft.

Definitely won't be booking TK for this particular trip to MRU.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by yvrcnx
I think I just found the answer. Checking the A330-300 registrations used frequently for the IST - MRU flights, I found that most of the other flights operated by these aircraft are short or medium haul (Madrid, India, Northern Africa etc.) and it's very likely that the recliner seats are on these aircraft.

Definitely won't be booking TK for this particular trip to MRU.
You got the facts right but the conclusion wrong. Long haul aircrafts do on rotation short and medium haul flights in order to utilize their time efficiently.

Take a look at TK64 which for years never had a recliner seats.

I suggest you take a look at an aircraft with recliner seats to come to the right conclusion that TK does not use these on long haul flights. Take a look at TC-LOD an A333 with recliner seats.

yvrcnx likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.