Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting flight timing change

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2017, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Connecting flight timing change

I am flying LAX-IST-NBO in 10 days time, I called Turkish airlines CSA to add my precheck# and she advised me that my connecting flight in Istanbul has changed from 19:40 to 19:50. Then she proceeded to tell me that the tickets need to be re-issued otherwise I cannot check in online and have to go to the airport to do it

She says in order to check in online all flight timings have to match the issued tickets.

I am not sure I understand why my tickets have to be re-issued as it's the same flight with just different timings and if they need to be re-issued then why can't they do it automatically? Why do I have to do anything to enable me to have access to online checkin? I already booked my flight ages ago.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 10:14 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
I had a similar issue with a five minute change to one of the legs of my JNB-IST-LAX trip a few months ago. Felt weird and clunky to have to call and have the ticket agent 'reissue' the tickets. I was concerned my E+ upgrade would get lost, but it all turned out to be a non-issue as everything went well.

I agree, it would be much more consumer-friendly if this was done automatically, with emails/texts/phone calls informing the ticket holder of the change.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 10:17 am
Original Poster

I never like to mess with my reservation once it's made because I am really paranoid that the customer service agent can mess something up - for instance accidentally cancel my tickets and then say that I asked to cancel it.

This happened to me once with a Delta ticket... I called to ask what the cancellation window of my booking was and without even understanding my question the agent heard the word cancellation and no questions asked cancelled the ticket without my permission. I discovered it only after the call when I got a cancellation confirmation 30 minutes later ...! Luckily they accepted full responsibility and were able to re-instate the ticket without cost to me but since then I am paranoid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.