Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Will onward segments cancel after no-show on first leg?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2017, 1:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)

I have a TK domestic booking DLM-IST-DLM. Both legs are non-changeable and non-refundable.

Unfortunately, my travel plans have changed and I need to fly the DLM-IST leg a day earlier than planned. I want to use the return leg as booked.

Since the DLM-IST leg is unchangeable, I am willing to purchase a new ticket for that leg. However, if I don't fly the originally booked DLM-IST leg, will the return segment for IST-DLM be automatically cancelled as I was a no-show on the first?
Old Mar 17, 2017, 2:03 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Yes it will auto-cancel.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 11:40 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, HIlton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Silver
Call them. Many times they treat domestic as one ways and will keep your return leg if you ask them to. That is the one saving grace to their outdated IT
Old Mar 18, 2017, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by siberslava
Call them. Many times they treat domestic as one ways and will keep your return leg if you ask them to. That is the one saving grace to their outdated IT

Be careful gues, nowadays TK published new updated info, that tickets segments must be used ONLY according to the ticket issued. Segment can be cancelled from the reservation and reservation can stay alive , but when you apply to check in desk system will send warning and check in transaction will be prohibited due to segments were not used in a row. But in practice still I didn’t face such situation , but any way info is published.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 12:53 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S
Originally Posted by foggy traveler
Be careful gues, nowadays TK published new updated info, that tickets segments must be used ONLY according to the ticket issued. Segment can be cancelled from the reservation and reservation can stay alive , but when you apply to check in desk system will send warning and check in transaction will be prohibited due to segments were not used in a row. But in practice still I didn’t face such situation , but any way info is published.
you mean, it used to be possible ? ( alo international sectors ?)

have you done it before ? ( join the next flight after missing the first leg ?

as far as I know at the domestic flight you can skip the first leg but you must call and inform them, otherwise system will cancel the next flight automaticly.

Last edited by mandilmos; Mar 19, 2017 at 12:59 am
Old Mar 19, 2017, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by mandilmos
you mean, it used to be possible ? ( alo international sectors ?)

have you done it before ? ( join the next flight after missing the first leg ?

as far as I know at the domestic flight you can skip the first leg but you must call and inform them, otherwise system will cancel the next flight automaticly.
All rules are the following and for domestic sector you are 100% right.

COUPON SEQUENCE AND USE ON TK TICKETS

According to below explanations on fare notes, system will automatically restrict usage of ticket if coupons are not used in the sequence provided in the ticket.

“OTHER CONDITIONS SEQUENTIAL USE OF FLIGHT COUPONS THIS FARE IS ONLY VALID IF THE FLIGHTS ARE TAKEN IN THE BOOKED SEQUENCE. OTHERWISE THE FARE WILL BE RECALCULATED BASED ON THE ACTUAL FLIGHT ROUTING”

DCS system will control previous coupon. If system determines that previous coupon is not used, will restrict to check-in. Below scenarious are out of scope of control.

· İf previous coupon is Domestic

· İf previous coupon departs from an Offline station

· İf previous coupon is on Checked-in or Lifted status

· Other Airline tickets

· Tickets affected by Involuntary situations

· Non-revenue pass tickets

Tickets which are not allowed to check-in by the system, should be exchanged/reissued according to fare rules by collecting fare difference or penalties if exists. For refund of unused coupons, fare rules should be applied.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.