Wiki Posts
Search

Business class meals on TK731 MLE-IST

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2016, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE100K , HH DIAMOND, MARRIOTT PLATINUM
Business class meals on TK731 MLE-IST

Trying to figure out food and meals for my first upcoming RTW - Business class food on TK731 - any recent experiences what they will serve as meals in business class?
Old Jul 14, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Hyatt Plat, SPG/MAR Gold, Nat'l EEE
I've got the same situation as you --- flying this route in 3 weeks, Gluten-free meal for my wife and regular for myself, haven't had any luck finding out what's served!
Old Jul 14, 2016, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE100K , HH DIAMOND, MARRIOTT PLATINUM
My wife is thinking about changing from regular meals to Vegan VGML meals. I don't think I'll be able to figure out what she is going to get...

I have reached out to the only person I can find on flyer talk that has taken this route in the last year - im curious if they serve a full meal upon take off and breakfast before arrival - as I'm planning a day and a half in IST and I am curious if we should prepare to have breakfast upon our arrival or head over to the hotel and then the bazar.

I'll let you know what I find out - if you take the flights before my answer comes in can you please let me know.

Cheers,

Klover007
Old Jul 15, 2016, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by Klove007
My wife is thinking about changing from regular meals to Vegan VGML meals. I don't think I'll be able to figure out what she is going to get...
Bad idea. I'm flying between IST and NYC at least once a month for a couple of years now and the VGML meals were always a big disappointment. The VGML main course on this premium long haul route ex JFK is unseasoned, lukewarm tofu with roasted veggies. Ex Istanbul it's usually overcooked pasta with (surprise) tomato sauce or grilled eggplant with a yogurt - mint - coriander sauce. My recommendation is the AVML, which should be good ex MLE.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 8:09 pm

In my opinion, especially for J class meals, it is better to stick to normal meals unless you have a medical or religious reason for doing so.

Airlines do not (usually) pay much attention to these special meals and leave it to the individual caterer to plan.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 12:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro
Did this flight in January. They offered a wide variety of choices. It was very good and on par with what we had on IAH - IST. I actually went to bed pretty quickly but my partner enjoyed the meal.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I have noticed on these mid-range routes from Turkish (like IST-KTM and IST-MLE) they don't offer the full chef-driven service (which they do offer on flights like (IST-BCN and IST-NBO). It's typically a one-tray service with the appetizer quickly removed and served with the hot dish. The way TK advertises these flights, it is supposed to be drink service, appetizer trolley, drink refill, main dish, dessert cart, coffee/tea cart. It seems like there has been some cost cutting in recent years.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 6:19 pm

Programs: AS-MVP, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold
I took this flight 2 summers ago and dinner was a full meal, but not like what they do on flights to the US. Here are some pictures I took:

Old Oct 6, 2018, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Thanks for the feedback...my flight is at 4am so I wonder if it is a quick breakfast and a more substantial lunch or the other way around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.