Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK B738 at Pristina on 02 May 2016, runway excursion on landing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2016, 12:13 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum

Reuters:
Kosovo airport closes after Turkish Airlines jet skids off runway

A Turkish Airlines jet carrying 143 passengers and eight crew from Istanbul skidded off the runway on Monday when landing at Kosovo's sole airport, officials said.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ko...-idUSKCN0XT1TQ

Last edited by starflyergold; May 3, 2016 at 2:43 pm
Old May 3, 2016, 8:22 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA, DL, Marriott Gold, Global Entry early adopter
Was on that flight only 8 days prior. Usual equipment for that flight is the A-319. But, like this flight, our equipment changed to the 738 last minute.

We are experiencing quite the torrent of rain this week. The airport officially reopened today at 13:00 local. But, the departure and arrival board is still a mess. Adria and EasyJet were quick to simply cancel their runs for today.

Very fortunate indeed that no one was hurt.
Old May 5, 2016, 4:14 am

"On May 4th 2016 The Aviation Herald received information that touch down marks were identified about 1500 meters down the 2500 meter long runway."

http://www.avherald.com/h?article=497beb72&opt=0
Old May 5, 2016, 6:05 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA, DL, Marriott Gold, Global Entry early adopter
Hats off to the mod for deleting my errant double post. Thanks PetzLUX for that link. Seeing as this is my "home" port, I find the quote about the far out touch down marks most interesting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.