Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Turkish Airlines ORD-IST business class food options for picky eaters?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2016, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

I have been looking at the menus and meals that Turkish Airlines serves, and I am wondering how well the menu is suited for picky eaters.

Do they really serve beef kabobs on all of the flights? On this 9 hour~ flight, what kind of food options are there, typically?

Also, is there an arrivals meal in IST, etc? I have a 3 hour layover in IST, and will want to have some food, likely. Or is it just a buffet that I have seen pictures of on some blog sites?

Lastly, what would you do with a 3 hour~ layover in IST?
Old Apr 17, 2016, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
On long-haul flights in Business Class, there is always 1 beef, 1 fish and 1 vegetarian / pasta main course. Plus sometimes a 4th additional choice. But there is also so much other food (starters, soup, salad, dessert etc.) that you could completely skip the main and still be well fed.
Also, is there an arrivals meal in IST, etc?
Not sure what you mean by that? There is obviously a hot breakfast service before you land in IST, plus the massive array of food in the IST lounge that is so well-documented in this forum.
Lastly, what would you do with a 3 hour~ layover in IST?
Deplane. Clear transit security. Go to the lounge, maybe shower and/or eat something. Board connecting flight. End.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 11:18 pm

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles Elite Plus
Originally Posted by factory81

Do they really serve beef kabobs on all of the flights?
Yes, on every single flight. This is how it looks like:

Old Apr 18, 2016, 12:20 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
If you are especially concerned for whatever reason, you can always select a "Special Meal" ahead of time for no extra charge. They have quite the selection per IATA regulations, including Vegetarian meals, Lactose-free meals, Bland meals, etc.

Just be prepared that depending on how commonly requested the special meal you select is, it may not be as "good" or as high of quality as what is on the regular menu for your flight. Of course, what is "good" or not is subjective here since you are concerned about nothing on the regular menu being appetizing to you...

I've never personally ordered a special meal on TK, but the pictures from DO&CO in the link below do look fairly appetizing in comparison to what I've seen others receive as special meals on other airlines.

More info here: http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...l-meal-service

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.