Search

70 minute transit time

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2016, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold, TK Elite +, Hilton Diamond
70 minute transit time

Hi all.

Taking my first ever TK flight in a few days in Y (ACC-IST-JFK). My concern is that we only have 70 mins between flights. Will that be enough time to get through transit formalities and to our gate? What if we get a remote stand and we have to bus it to the terminal?

Thanks
Old Mar 7, 2016, 1:10 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
IMHO too risky. I would book longer connection (there are 3 flights per day to NYC). Just search this forum - the customer service on the ground in IST is terrible.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 6:02 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
It's like playing Russian roulette with this tight connection. From Asia/Africa/Middle East connecting North America/EU, just too risky, besides having to go through long queue at security again (I call IST 10 am to 1 pm time of hell, although that period is stretching), you'll be going through few more layers of securities just to get on US/Canada/UK bound flight.

In case you miss this flight (TK01 I believe), don't count on the TK customer service to bail you out, read all the horror stories about people missing connections at IST. You'll have to buy visa, enter turkey, and have tickets re-purchased/re-issued.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.