Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Cancelling award ticket. Do I get a full refund?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2015, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond

I'm wondering if I would get a full refund of the taxes and fuel surcharges when canceling an award ticket, and also how much is the cancellation fee?

Last year when I booked, it said on the fare rules that the fuel surcharge was non-refundable which seems really strange to me since the rest of the ticket is fully refundable. How long does it take for the miles to be re-deposited?
Old Oct 28, 2015, 8:26 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
AFAIK your miles will be re-deposited immediately if you searched this forum.

I am going to the ticket counter at JFK this weekend doing the same thing, I'll report back on how much I will need to pay. These days award miles are worth something.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 10:35 pm

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
Originally Posted by LH4116
I'm wondering if I would get a full refund of the taxes and fuel surcharges when canceling an award ticket, and also how much is the cancellation fee?

Last year when I booked, it said on the fare rules that the fuel surcharge was non-refundable which seems really strange to me since the rest of the ticket is fully refundable. How long does it take for the miles to be re-deposited?
When I've cancelled before, the cost is the same as the change fee; i.e., $90 + tax. All taxes, fake fuel surcharge refunded. I always did the cancellation online and the miles were returned instantly.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 11:55 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
In December I booked a ticket for March of this year. Due to my sister not getting her visa on time, I needed to cancel. I suppose, due to the fact that the miles used were about to expire, I lost those, and I certainly did not get a full refund. So double whammy for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.