Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Extending the validity of E+ upgrade coupons

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2015, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+

I know that some airlines, such as UA, in some cases extend the validity of upgrade coupons for elites.

Any E+ here has experience with requesting (and getting?) some validity extension to the 2 free upgrades?
Old Oct 21, 2015, 6:42 am

so my experience it didnt work. Although it was the mistake of the call center agent i.e. on the last day of elite plus I wanted use 1 coupon to upgrade two segments, which by mistake of the genius agent, got used 2 coupons.

she accepted her mistake, wrote the support, support refunded the voucher on the same day 22:50. couple of email exchange but the situation itself is even too complex for the agents to understand so I couldnt bother further.

I see low chances
Old Oct 24, 2015, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Alternatively, is there any other creative way to use them?

E.g. could I apply them to some flexible booking and then request a date change for the confirmed J, to a date that's later than the expiration date?
Old Oct 24, 2015, 10:00 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by bamba70
E.g. could I apply them to some flexible booking and then request a date change for the confirmed J, to a date that's later than the expiration date?
Yes, this is what the ticket office agent told me, when I redeemed my upgrade vouchers for traveling during next membership year, if I need to change the dates after the membership year, I won't lose upgrades without having to use another voucher(s) during the following membership year. Watch your ticket's date validity, some promo Y fares have very limited dates.

Technically, once your ticket is upgraded, you have a J ticket so as long as you pay a change fee and the new dates have J fare buckets available. I do need to caveat not all agents are knowledgeable (some just don't want to deal with it) so if you hear different answers try somewhere else.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vincewy
Yes, this is what the ticket office agent told me, when I redeemed my upgrade vouchers for traveling during next membership year, if I need to change the dates after the membership year, I won't lose upgrades without having to use another voucher(s) during the following membership year. Watch your ticket's date validity, some promo Y fares have very limited dates.

Technically, once your ticket is upgraded, you have a J ticket so as long as you pay a change fee and the new dates have J fare buckets available. I do need to caveat not all agents are knowledgeable (some just don't want to deal with it) so if you hear different answers try somewhere else.
In such case, will the change fee be the fee associated with the original Y fare, or with the J fare (presumably much lower) ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.