Can't book Comfort Class

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2015, 9:18 pm
tya
Original Poster

Programs: TK Miles&Smiles, AAdvantage, Flying Blue
Can't book Comfort Class

Hi Guys,

My first post on TK section. I tried to search it but couldn't find recent discussions. Please take my apology if there indeed are and just help me transfer my content over.

I am trying to book JFK-IST-TPE, hoping to get the JFK-IST leg on Comfort Class. But when I try to price it on TK website, it just shows Business fare.

Tried it with JFK-IST-ICN, where both legs are claimed to be Comfort Class available routes on TK website, and with JFK-IST alone, both showed Business Class fare.

Just wondering how do I book Comfort Class? Do they stop selling it? I know they plan to remove the product but aren't those destinations still served by Comfort-equipped metal?

Just curious. Thanks!!
Old Oct 7, 2015, 11:39 pm

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tya
Hi Guys,

My first post on TK section. I tried to search it but couldn't find recent discussions. Please take my apology if there indeed are and just help me transfer my content over.

I am trying to book JFK-IST-TPE, hoping to get the JFK-IST leg on Comfort Class. But when I try to price it on TK website, it just shows Business fare.

Tried it with JFK-IST-ICN, where both legs are claimed to be Comfort Class available routes on TK website, and with JFK-IST alone, both showed Business Class fare.

Just wondering how do I book Comfort Class? Do they stop selling it? I know they plan to remove the product but aren't those destinations still served by Comfort-equipped metal?

Just curious. Thanks!!
TK don't offer Comfort Class on ISTTPE and I don't think the TK website is clever enough to book mixed class journeys. Try calling TK and see if they can do it for you.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 12:06 am

When are you travelling?

Last day for Comfort Class from/to JFK is Oct 24th 2015, Saturday. Effective Sunday, Oct 25th all JFK flights are serviced using A330-300 aircraft, which are only only configured with Business & Economy classes.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 9:29 pm
tya
Original Poster

Programs: TK Miles&Smiles, AAdvantage, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Mr. Roboto
When are you travelling?

Last day for Comfort Class from/to JFK is Oct 24th 2015, Saturday. Effective Sunday, Oct 25th all JFK flights are serviced using A330-300 aircraft, which are only only configured with Business & Economy classes.
I searched for return flight in November. Yeah I later realize all JFK flights turn out to be A330 aircrafts. Sad that I won't be able to try Comfort Class
Old Oct 12, 2015, 6:07 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
If you really want to try Comfort Class before it's completely gone, book YYZ-ICN/PEK/CAN for around $1700 USD, the old US-Asia fares on Comfort Class were around $2200 so you're still saving money traveling this way.

You can even book IST stopover and/or open jaw, a sample booking on orbitz.com (multi flights and narrow down to Premium Economy and Turkish Airlines) returns this:

YYZ - IST Nov 12th
IST - ICN Nov 16th
PEK - YYZ Nov 28th

All Comfort Class for $1713, I recommend flying into ICN outbound to avoid any visa complications and hassles before boarding flights at IST (many check-in agents are still not familiar with the 72 hour visa free policy at many Chinese airports). You can get around those cities within Asia with LCC pretty easily.

Please enjoy Comfort Class while you still can, I became TK E+ because of it.

Feel free to PM me if you have more questions since this has been asked before, don't want to repeat what has been discussed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.