Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flolee
Update March 2015: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running reasonably smoothly.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website

2/6/2015 new info from TK
We have received your message that you sent to our unit on 20 January 2015. Please be informed that when you claim your first flight with Turkish Airlines or other Star Alliance members to your Miles&Smiles account, your card will be sent to your address automatically.

On the otherhand, we would like to remind you that you can also get your original Miles&Smiles Card from Card Press Desk at Ataturk Airport International Terminal between 07.30 A.M and 09.45 PM. The location of Card Press desk is between A and B Check-in counters.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

21/9/2015 - Neil791
For those reporting successful matches, can you please post your results as follows so others can estimate their wait times, success rates

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (i.e. AB TopBonus, AA Plat, etc)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by zontar2010
Update: Status match CONFIRMED. Initially requested Jan/06/15 reminder "Previous Feedback" sent Jan/8/15 and 14. New Request sent on Jan 15 and Reminder on Jan 21. Finally called them early this AM and after being transferred through 5 agents at the Indian call centre talked to someone who said that it would be put on "high priority".

Was very surprised and for an instant upset to get the "Welcome to Classic Plus" email 2 hours later then I remembered others experiences. Logged into my app and voila... Elite! Good until 31/12/17.

I wish the best of luck to others and be persistent, especially if you have an upcoming flight with TK.

Cheers,

ZT
Congrats.

You are in UK, so you may even get a card in mail. I am still looking to find someone to pickup my card for me in IST
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:26 am

Looks like the status match program is running a little better than last year.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:59 am

Just another quick one.

I just received notification I received miles for another flight that I flew before the status match date. However, they included these miles in the requalification period. I wasn't expecting that.
So another tick in the "Happy with M&S" column!
Old Jan 28, 2015, 5:54 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Just got another email, and this time the 'CORRECT' one that I had been matched to Elite level! I was matched about a week ago!! So far, so good!!! I now hope that whenever I travel with *A, my status does show as *G!!! **knock knock** *touchwood*!!
Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:05 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Does anyone with OW Emerald status have experience with being matched to Elite Plus? I have it through AA/US and was hoping they would consider such a request. I remember reading of such cases in threads for previous years but wanted to find out if anyone has the same experience in 2015 or late 2014.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
Just got another email, and this time the 'CORRECT' one that I had been matched to Elite level! I was matched about a week ago!! So far, so good!!! I now hope that whenever I travel with *A, my status does show as *G!!! **knock knock** *touchwood*!!
Just to let you know. Whilst sitting in the star alliance gold lounge at LAX on the 11th Jan I just checked my M&S account and noticed my Elite status was just granted the day before. I went to the lounge agent (run by Air NZ and I was flying Air NZ anyway) and switched from my current FF gold to TK and it showed TK*G on the boarding pass. It obviously registered throughout the system immediately as NZ's res system picked it up... So you should have nothing to worry about.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by YVR1972
Just to let you know. Whilst sitting in the star alliance gold lounge at LAX on the 11th Jan I just checked my M&S account and noticed my Elite status was just granted the day before. I went to the lounge agent (run by Air NZ and I was flying Air NZ anyway) and switched from my current FF gold to TK and it showed TK*G on the boarding pass. It obviously registered throughout the system immediately as NZ's res system picked it up... So you should have nothing to worry about.
Thank you good sir!! Puts my mind at ease! However, I received my miles&smiles statement today, and obviously I had 0 miles on my account, and it shows 'CLASSIC' in my statement?!? But, when I log in, it shows TK Elite *G. It's probably their 1990's IT system, and a glitch on their end. I really hope that everything is okay!! Did you face this problem? Or did any FT'ers here, who got their status through a match, face the same problem??
Old Jan 29, 2015, 3:42 pm

Programs: A3*G, AB*S. TK*G, AB, Hyatt Platinum
Does any know if the expiry date of the matched TK *G status is based on the date of the approval or the expiry date of your current elite card? My *G card expires in Jan 2016, so I'm wondering if I status match later in the year, would I be able to get 24 months following the match?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by mimimin
Does any know if the expiry date of the matched TK *G status is based on the date of the approval or the expiry date of your current elite card? My *G card expires in Jan 2016, so I'm wondering if I status match later in the year, would I be able to get 24 months following the match?
I signed up in Dec 2104 and requested a match on Jan 5, 2015 (which was approved on Jan 22, 2015).

My TK account shows status expiry on Jan 31, 2017 so it looks like 2 years from status update.

I would suggest not waiting too long for match as it can sometimes take months to match and they won't match if your existing FF card (A3) is expiring soon. I would suggest you start a match request no later than July / August.

Also keep in mind that there is always a risk that the program may be stopped or modified anytime.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 5:20 am

Programs: Flying Blue Silver, TK Miles&Smiles Elite
Just got matched from A3 *G - same issue as with other people, notification says classic plus, actual new status is Elite - I won't complain about that :-).

Also, again as with others, expiry is 2 years from date of match.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 6:09 am

Programs: Once upon a time...
Feel like I earned this one!

First asked for match from A3*G on Sep 25. Many email followups after I heard nothing. Finally received an email on Jan 5 asking to see my card, which I immediately sent. Then on Jan 20 they asked for my TK # (which I originally included and should have been attached to my feedback form). Finally today, Jan 31, my account was upgraded. Same story, email said Classic Plus and online account says Elite. My TK account was brand new when I asked for the match, so no activity in my account, yet.

Very pleased with the outcome!
Old Jan 30, 2015, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by veeRob
Feel like I earned this one!

First asked for match from A3*G on Sep 25. Many email followups after I heard nothing. Finally received an email on Jan 5 asking to see my card, which I immediately sent. Then on Jan 20 they asked for my TK # (which I originally included and should have been attached to my feedback form). Finally today, Jan 31, my account was upgraded. Same story, email said Classic Plus and online account says Elite. My TK account was brand new when I asked for the match, so no activity in my account, yet.

Very pleased with the outcome!
Congratulations veeRob! Did you click on your statement to see what it says: Classic or Elite?
Old Jan 31, 2015, 12:53 am

Programs: Once upon a time...
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
Congratulations veeRob! Did you click on your statement to see what it says: Classic or Elite?
I don't see where to click on statement. Where do I do that?
Old Jan 31, 2015, 10:03 am

I got status match from BA Gold. Good timing as my LH SEN is expiring end of Feb. Made request on 12th Jan, they claimed no attachment so I sent copy of statement + card. Received Elite through to January 2017. Excellent service.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
I sent my status match request from BA Gold around ten days ago, today I logged in and saw my account had been upgraded to Elite. I haven't received any email so far but the process for me was quick and painless.
Pleasantly surprised it lasts until 2017, it will come in hand for sure!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.