Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flolee
Update March 2015: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running reasonably smoothly.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website

2/6/2015 new info from TK
We have received your message that you sent to our unit on 20 January 2015. Please be informed that when you claim your first flight with Turkish Airlines or other Star Alliance members to your Miles&Smiles account, your card will be sent to your address automatically.

On the otherhand, we would like to remind you that you can also get your original Miles&Smiles Card from Card Press Desk at Ataturk Airport International Terminal between 07.30 A.M and 09.45 PM. The location of Card Press desk is between A and B Check-in counters.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

21/9/2015 - Neil791
For those reporting successful matches, can you please post your results as follows so others can estimate their wait times, success rates

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (i.e. AB TopBonus, AA Plat, etc)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2015, 4:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by aglp2k
Anyone received their physical elite card after the status match in the mail? I sent multiple requests but nothing so far.
There is a thread for card pickup, I have put a request there, hopefully someone will be willing to help.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:21 am

Programs: TK Elite *G, AF/KLM FB Elite+, A|Club Platinum, HH G
Originally Posted by davedior
Got mine matched very quickly: requested 7/01/15, matched 10/01/15.

For anyone who recently got matched (Europe), when did you get your physical card?
Just to update. I received my physical card yesterday . Things went super fast here lol. I did a lost card request on their website when I got matched. Pretty smooth!
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by davedior
I did a lost card request on their website when I got matched. Pretty smooth!
I requested twice via the same process and nothing yet. How long it took you once requested?
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by aglp2k
I requested twice via the same process and nothing yet. How long it took you once requested?
I guess, the difference might be you need the card in US (like me), while he is in Europe.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
I guess, the difference might be you need the card in US (like me), while he is in Europe.
I posted about this in another thread but no response yet.

How does one correct the address in the M&S system? You can only pick cities from a drop down menu and it won't let you keep it blank. If you can't enter a proper address then it will be difficult to receive the card.

For the US it is an odd hodgepodge of places many I have never heard of before; some are clearly Innuit names from Alaska. But not the town/city where I have an address.

p.s. I applied last week and have a pretty strong history as 1K on United. Had a flight to Turkey (UA/LH) in the statements and also AYT-IST-ARN in TK business. They should give me Elite Plus.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 12:47 am

Programs: TK Elite *G, AF/KLM FB Elite+, A|Club Platinum, HH G
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
I used the lost card option in my account on the same day got matched 10/01/15. So i guess 2 weeks. It did not come in welcome package with luggage tags, just a letter with my card attached to it. Yeah I am in netherlands, so that might have something to do with it!
Old Jan 26, 2015, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
A data point - BAEC Gold matched to Elite in 17 days without any follow-up from my side. Via the webform as advised in this thread, with pdf of card + activity (+ giving the ticket number of a booked TK flight - not sure if it helped or not)

EDIT: The welcome mail says "upgraded to Classic Plus" the online account shows "Elite" *shrug*

Last edited by WilcoRoger; Jan 26, 2015 at 3:51 am
Old Jan 26, 2015, 6:30 am

Programs: TK Elite *A Gold, Air Berlin Gold - One World Sapphire, Westjet Gold, Avis Preferred, IHG Gold
Flying TK on Wednesday and still ZERO response. Why is there a bottleneck for some and a freeway for others?
Old Jan 26, 2015, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
A data point - BAEC Gold matched to Elite in 17 days without any follow-up from my side. Via the webform as advised in this thread, with pdf of card + activity (+ giving the ticket number of a booked TK flight - not sure if it helped or not)

EDIT: The welcome mail says "upgraded to Classic Plus" the online account shows "Elite" *shrug*
+1
Took exactly 17 days for me too. Though, I sent them a reminder 1 week after match request and they also asked me for the scaned copy of my card as I had attached the card printed directly from BA website in my original request (along with my FF statement).
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:13 am

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Wow. Almost a year after my first contact with TK re: status match. It's gone through.

Basically, a year ago, I never got my UA Gold card. Mid-year TK got back to me and said "we need a picture of your physical card".. so I tried to get it from United.. back and forth and I gave up.

In December, I got my 2015 Gold card so I figured sure I'll go for it again. No response.

Followed up yesterday, got a response today and my account is updated with Elite until 2017. The email even had an apology for not responding in December.

Now... hopefully I'll get my card before my March domestic travel starts back up. :-)

Good luck to everyone else.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: TK Elite *A Gold, Air Berlin Gold - One World Sapphire, Westjet Gold, Avis Preferred, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Tblack15
Wow. Almost a year after my first contact with TK re: status match. It's gone through.

Basically, a year ago, I never got my UA Gold card. Mid-year TK got back to me and said "we need a picture of your physical card".. so I tried to get it from United.. back and forth and I gave up.

In December, I got my 2015 Gold card so I figured sure I'll go for it again. No response.

Followed up yesterday, got a response today and my account is updated with Elite until 2017. The email even had an apology for not responding in December.

Now... hopefully I'll get my card before my March domestic travel starts back up. :-)

Congratulations! It's one final kick at the can here tomorrow morning before my trip with TK on Wednesday. After that there will be a couple of months idle time before my next travels...
Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:09 am

Slow and steady wins the race.

I haven't heard many instances of enough reports of the physical card mailed in the US.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 10:17 am

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Originally Posted by zontar2010
Congratulations! It's one final kick at the can here tomorrow morning before my trip with TK on Wednesday. After that there will be a couple of months idle time before my next travels...
One question: Are you starting a "New Feedback" each time or following up on "Previous Feedback"?

Through December, my two notes to them I filed under "Previous" to no response. Yesterday I indicated "New Feedback" but referenced I'd been following up in the body of the text.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 12:05 am

Programs: VN SkyTeam Platinum/Elite Plus; TK M&S *G; CX OW
Originally Posted by Hanoian
I followed the instructions at the top of this thread and within 24 hours received an email from TK confirming my status match, with M&S Elite/*G status valid until Dec 2016. The Elite/*G status is also shown when I login to the M&S website. I have not yet received a physical card but will pass through IST in early Feb so will seek out the M&S booth then if no card has arrived in the mail by then.

To get the match I sent TK: i) a scanned copy of my current Skyteam ElitePlus membership card; ii) a PDF showing my last 6 months of Skyteam flight activity; iii) a covering message saying I will fly to Turkey several times in 2015 (which fortunately is true) and will fly TK if they match status.
It's now exactly a month later, and my newly minted Elite/*G card arrived in the post today, together with one Elite luggage tag. First TK flight is at the end of this week, so this is perfect timing.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 5:30 am

One question: Are you starting a "New Feedback" each time or following up on "Previous Feedback"?

Through December, my two notes to them I filed under "Previous" to no response. Yesterday I indicated "New Feedback" but referenced I'd been following up in the body of the text.
Update: Status match CONFIRMED. Initially requested Jan/06/15 reminder "Previous Feedback" sent Jan/8/15 and 14. New Request sent on Jan 15 and Reminder on Jan 21. Finally called them early this AM and after being transferred through 5 agents at the Indian call centre talked to someone who said that it would be put on "high priority".

Was very surprised and for an instant upset to get the "Welcome to Classic Plus" email 2 hours later then I remembered others' experiences with the erroneous message. Logged into my app and voila... Elite! Good until 31/12/17.

I wish the best of luck to others and be persistent, especially if you have an upcoming flight with TK.

Cheers,

ZT

Last edited by zontar2010; Jan 27, 2015 at 8:30 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.