Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Just-announced schedule change for TK7 (IST-IAD)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2014, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Just a heads up that TK7 -- IST-IAD -- has had a time schedule change. It appears to have just been announced. Flight had been scheduled for a 1335 departure, but that is now 1240 effective 30 March -- to coincide with the shift to DST. Arrival times in DC remain unchanged. I have no idea why they are just now announcing this now, with less than two weeks notice. It has mucked up our planning, so wanted others to have a heads up. Plus, I just happened to notice the change on-line; we didn't get an alert from TK....at least not yet.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 8:21 pm

My uncle is booked on this flight in a month coming off a connection from ATH. He booked through one of the online travel engines, and they sent him an email today saying that the airline changed the the time to one of the flight. He now has about an hour connection instead of two hours.

My question is why TK is changing this now? I don't understand how they did not foresee DST if that is really the reason for the change? I was wondering why the arrival time remained the same when he told me about the change.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Looks Like They've Changed the Time Back!

Last night, I received notification from the site where I purchased my tickets, telling me of the change to 1245. Then, this morning, I got an e-mail telling me that the time has changed back to 1340. So, it looks like the change was very short-lived. The Turkish Airlines site showed the earlier departure yesterday; as of this morning, it is back to 1340. I'm happy to have the extra hour, but now I have to change our pick-up arrangements again. My guess if that they were making adjustments for the switch to daylight savings time. I read on-line that they moved the switch by one day, to accommodate Turkish elections. I get the impression their computer/reservations system is quite antiquated, and perhaps they were not able to make the one-day change easily.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by LP101
My uncle is booked on this flight in a month coming off a connection from ATH. He booked through one of the online travel engines, and they sent him an email today saying that the airline changed the the time to one of the flight. He now has about an hour connection instead of two hours.

My question is why TK is changing this now? I don't understand how they did not foresee DST if that is really the reason for the change? I was wondering why the arrival time remained the same when he told me about the change.
The reason for the change is that the government decided to switch to summer time one day later than europe and the rest of the world. So that is the reason why there is a reduction of exactly one hour.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 10:25 am

Programs: Lost all status due to flying less to tackle the climate emergency
On the note of schedule changes - I think there have been widespread smaller adjustments. My flight to YYZ was shifted to 15 mins later or thereabouts, I was only told about it when I went to enquire about a change for other reasons. Might be worth checking bookings.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 10:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ferhat777
The reason for the change is that the government decided to switch to summer time one day later than europe and the rest of the world. So that is the reason why there is a reduction of exactly one hour.
This hapends this year,bcs there is a local election,so they change the TIME. Will not hapend again,but hey now Im banned!!
Old Mar 27, 2014, 12:10 am

I understand what you guys are saying about Turkey moving back their time change by 1 day, but the fact is that the time was always going to change by the end of the month anyway. My uncle's flight for example is at the end of April - well past when DST time will change. So there was no reason for his flight time to change, since DST was always planned to be in effect by then anyway. Anyway, like NellieVA said, TK changed the flight time back to normal. So I assume that it was just a computer glitch when they updated their systems for the time change day delay, it accidentally changed the time for April too until they noticed their mistake.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.