Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TK website now accepting Amex

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2013, 2:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK MS E+/*G - AFKL FB G/ST E+ - LH MM - AB TB - BWR Diamond - HHo Gold - LCA Plat - Sixt Plat
TK website now accepting Amex

Until recently, even though the Amex logo was displayed, it wasn't possible to pay with an Amex card on thy.com.
This has changed. They're now accepting it.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 2:20 am

Programs: TK ELITE
Originally Posted by Frontliner
Until recently, even though the Amex logo was displayed, it wasn't possible to pay with an Amex card on thy.com.
This has changed. They're now accepting it.
it's been going on for some time now

i've been using it on the TK website since november ( I bought arounda 6-7 tickets with AMEX since then)
Old Apr 26, 2013, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK MS E+/*G - AFKL FB G/ST E+ - LH MM - AB TB - BWR Diamond - HHo Gold - LCA Plat - Sixt Plat
Sorry for the late news then.
I didn't try it since november and I haven't seen yet the information on this thread.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I can confirm it does work. I bought a ticket with Amex a week or so ago.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 2:11 am

Programs: TK*G, SK*S, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
My problem has been with award tickets booked over phone for which they only seem to accept VISA/Mastercard or has anyone been able to use Amex there as well recently?
Old May 10, 2013, 7:01 am

Programs: BA, KL, DL
I booked flights on the Turkish Airlines website 4 weeks ago and paid with Amex - but nothing has appeared on my credit card statement yet, not even a "pending charge" to show they've held it. I've got confirmed e-tickets though and have even checked-in online. I phoned their call centre and they said their system is showing payment has been taken.

So did I get free flights?
Old May 10, 2013, 10:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
If you're lucky, yes, but don't be surprised if they charge you 3 months after the flight. That has happened to me once, although not with TK, but KLM.
Old May 18, 2013, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by seattle29
I booked flights on the Turkish Airlines website 4 weeks ago and paid with Amex - but nothing has appeared on my credit card statement yet, not even a "pending charge" to show they've held it. I've got confirmed e-tickets though and have even checked-in online. I phoned their call centre and they said their system is showing payment has been taken.

So did I get free flights?
I was just about to post a question regarding a query relating to this, when I came across this thread . . .

So even though they haven't processed the charge as yet, does the e-ticket still hold validity..??? I have confirmed e-tickets viewable online, but no email. My purchase (via Amex) was on 5th May but nothing appearing on my card to date.
Old May 18, 2013, 4:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Miles & More Silver, Privilege Club Silver
Bought tickets on 21st April, received e-mail with e-tickets straight away. Did show as a pending transaction on my Amex once when I checked my account just after buying the tickets, since then nothing, Amex say it is not unusual.
Old May 19, 2013, 3:43 pm

Programs: BA, KL, DL
Originally Posted by PaintedSkies
I was just about to post a question regarding a query relating to this, when I came across this thread . . .

So even though they haven't processed the charge as yet, does the e-ticket still hold validity..??? I have confirmed e-tickets viewable online, but no email. My purchase (via Amex) was on 5th May but nothing appearing on my card to date.
Well I flew the flights. No problems checking-in or anything, as the e-tickets were issued. I've since cancelled that credit card - wonder if TK will chase me for the money at some point
Old May 19, 2013, 11:23 pm

Programs: TK E+
This is news to me. Thanks Frontliner!
Old May 22, 2013, 5:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Miles & More Silver, Privilege Club Silver
Charge for tickets now showing in Amex account. 1 calendar month before they were charged.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.