FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   FAQ 4: Flying with Turkish Airlines: lounges, aircraft, routes, baggage... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1364279-faq-4-flying-turkish-airlines-lounges-aircraft-routes-baggage.html)

skihard Jan 21, 2015 6:02 am

Does anyone have the newest Seating Chart of the 777ER without Comfort Class?

sliiide Feb 15, 2015 4:01 am

Does anyone who frequents YUL know where the TK facilities are. Is there a desk airside and/or landside that would be able to handle upgrades (using miles)?

On a related note - is it possible to buy miles through the check-in agent and upgrade that way if J has availability?

jerryhung Feb 18, 2015 10:03 am

Originally Posted by skihard (Post 24206461)

For the 77B
I don't think anybody does, not even TK itself
http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...l-flight-fleet

I can only see it when you actually try to book a booking
e.g. I can see Row 1-7 Business class for a dummy IST-ORD booking

LAX21 Feb 21, 2015 3:17 am

When is Comfort class going away? :(

RobOnLI Aug 6, 2015 1:46 am

The links about baggage fees/allowances for Turkish Airlines on their website do not reference Star Alliance at all. There's nothing written about 20kg/1 piece extra for *G for example. Does someone have a link to an actual page?

I just booked a business ticket xxx-IST-FRA-xxx where the first two legs are operated by TK and the last is operated by another *A carrier. The TK legs are both international.

I'm not sure I will go over the 30kg that business class apparently gets but I'm curious if *G still gets the extra 20kg limit.

Thanks,
RM

duvin Aug 6, 2015 3:40 am

Originally Posted by RobOnLI (Post 25228816)
The links about baggage fees/allowances for Turkish Airlines on their website do not reference Star Alliance at all. There's nothing written about 20kg/1 piece extra for *G for example. Does someone have a link to an actual page?

I just booked a business ticket xxx-IST-FRA-xxx where the first two legs are operated by TK and the last is operated by another *A carrier. The TK legs are both international.

I'm not sure I will go over the 30kg that business class apparently gets but I'm curious if *G still gets the extra 20kg limit.

Thanks,
RM

They only talk about what their Elite members get on other *A airlines:

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...its/elite-card

Extra Baggage Allowance - an additional 20kg or one additional piece of luggage (on transatlantic flights) which means you can check in three bags instead of two.
Also for US-flights:

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...-United-States

- Additional piece of baggage which is not bigger than the length of 110 cm, can be carried on free of charge by Elite Card and Elit Plus Card members.
- As an Elite member, you may benefit from the above advantages when you travel on other Star Alliance carriers with your Elite card which is equal to the Star Alliance Gold levels.
*A has the rules:

http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...silver-status/

As a Gold Status holder you can choose not to travel light. We allow an additional 20 kg (44 pounds) where the weight concept applies, or one additional piece of luggage where the piece concept applies.

This benefit may only be available if travelling on two or more Star Alliance member airlines on a single ticket. Please contact the Star Alliance member airline with whom you will check-in with for further details.

jerryhung Aug 6, 2015 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by skihard (Post 24206461)

sorry to re-answer

It's called 77B on TK's website
It's on SeatGuru, 777 V3
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Tur...777-300_V3.php

Has Mini-J-cabin behind 1st door
I flew it on IST-ORD, no difference really besides Y pax walking by you during boarding. Bigger J cabin = more empty spaces :) good for us

ASUDan130 Sep 23, 2015 7:48 pm

What are considered the best solo seats in J on the 77W and A330? I usually opt for window seats but it looks like there is no way to get out if your neighbor is sleeping for the bathroom? I don't like aisles because then if I am sleeping then I can be disturbed. What do solo passengers usually go for on the long haul flights?

jerryhung Sep 23, 2015 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by ASUDan130 (Post 25469869)
What are considered the best solo seats in J on the 77W and A330? I usually opt for window seats but it looks like there is no way to get out if your neighbor is sleeping for the bathroom? I don't like aisles because then if I am sleeping then I can be disturbed. What do solo passengers usually go for on the long haul flights?

I flew A333 and 77B in May in J (3 paxs, had aisle/window and bulkhead)

Like you said, no choices really.
Window seats may get stuck by aisle seat in flat position
I'd still pick Window, unless it's night flight, then no point really

Best to hope for empty seat beside you, or empty cabin even (my 77B rear mini-cabin was 50% full so we had our choice of seats!!)

Chiro1979 Sep 23, 2015 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by ASUDan130 (Post 25469869)

I chose the window seat and the passenger in the aisle had reclined her seat fully as soon as we took off. The one good thing is that the way the seats are designed, you are only stepping over their feet, so you don't need to contort yourself in a weird position to step over the other passenger. I am 6'2 and was able to step over her feet several times during the flight without disturbing her.

ASUDan130 Sep 26, 2015 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by Chiro1979 (Post 25470158)
I chose the window seat and the passenger in the aisle had reclined her seat fully as soon as we took off. The one good thing is that the way the seats are designed, you are only stepping over their feet, so you don't need to contort yourself in a weird position to step over the other passenger. I am 6'2 and was able to step over her feet several times during the flight without disturbing her.

Thanks for the info. How about the A340? Would it still be impossible to get off the window if my neighbor is sleeping? Also is IFE updated on the A340 aircraft as I know its older with the same choices as the A330/77W?

gnaget Oct 6, 2015 5:14 am

On the new A321, I was in the bulkhead (row 5) and I think that the exit rows just behind had good leg room in the rows with 3 seats but not so for the rows with 2 seats. Is this correct?

It is contrary to Seatguru, which is wrong frequently.

RobOnLI Oct 8, 2015 4:02 pm

Hi all,
Slightly confused on baggage rules again and hoping someone can help. This is actually being driven by the fact that I can't see my FF# on my reservation on the website.

I just booked a TK-ticketed/operated flight from CAI-Middle East via IST. The receipt says I'm entitled to 30kg of baggage in coach. The TK website says coach gets 20kg of baggage on international itineraries. As *G I should get an additional 20kg for a total of 40kg.

Two questions:
1. Anyone know why the receipt says 30kg when it should either be 20 or 40? (20 if TK doesn't realize I'm *G, 40 if they do)
2. How can I tell if TK actually took my UA *G FF# when I made the reservation? I entered it in the appropriate spot but my receipt and online reservation don't show it.

This is my first-ever TK-ticketed itinerary through their website so I'm not familiar with where the FF# is stored and whether it is displayed anywhere or not.

Thanks in advance,
RM

pencereamelesi Oct 9, 2015 5:29 am

There are special conditions for flights from Ireland and Egypt, free baggage allowance is 30 kg. for the Y and 40 kg. for the C tickets.

Also, if your trip between Egypt and Turkey, free baggage allowance is 50 kg.

RobOnLI Oct 13, 2015 11:44 am

Originally Posted by pencereamelesi (Post 25539627)
There are special conditions for flights from Ireland and Egypt, free baggage allowance is 30 kg. for the Y and 40 kg. for the C tickets.

Also, if your trip between Egypt and Turkey, free baggage allowance is 50 kg.

I called TK and they confirmed they have my UA # in the reservation.

I saw on TK's website about Egypt to Turkey and all it says is "For flights from Egypt to Turkey and from Turkey to Egypt, the free baggage allowances is 50 Kg for both Economy class travellers and Business class travellers. " It's not clear whether that includes connections out of Turkey or not so I would assume no.

So 30KG is the free baggage allowance for "C" class international to international but I booked coach.

-RM