Wiki Posts
Search

Is the IST lounge open all night?

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2012, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver
Is the IST lounge open all night?

Getting into IST on an international TK flight at just before midnight, and leaving on an international TK flight at 8 a.m. the next morning. I am Elite on TK. Is the lounge open all night for people in my situation? I heard there are sleeping rooms...is this correct. Need to know soon...thanks.
Old May 23, 2012, 5:11 pm

Did you do a simple google search on say "turkish istanbul opening hours"? Here it is:
http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-cy...rnational.aspx

"CIP Lounge operates from 05:00 am to 01:00 am daily..."
Old May 23, 2012, 10:14 pm

Programs: TK MS E+/*G - AFKL FB G/ST E+ - LH MM - AB TB - BWR Diamond - HHo Gold - LCA Plat - Sixt Plat
Don't speak too quickly, carrotjuice! This time, it was more relevant to ask or the internet for experiences rather than google for the info on the TK site... which is false!
Yes, they don't admit new passengers during the night, but I took few times the Baghdad flight around 4 am and I was allowed to stay in the small room till then. While leaving the lounge, it was only empty and I was only left alone there with the cleaning personal...
This being said, I rather recommend larrythai to go to one of the hotels that will be provided to him complementary by TK.
Old May 25, 2012, 1:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
I think it also depends on circumstances. TK0068 was delayed 7 hrs yesterday and many of us spent the entire night in there. (fantastic lounge btw although not the best place to have to spend the night)
Old May 25, 2012, 1:44 am

btw, I didn't find "sleeping rooms" but there are lockers to lock up your luggage, and there is a "movie room" where they had the screen turned off and the lounge chairs almost go flat. people were camped out there. Anywhere else and the cleaning staff were pretty noisy for sleeping.
Old May 25, 2012, 2:15 am

Programs: KLM/AF Platinum for life, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
There are contract lounges that are open all night though. I was always on Skyteam tickets, but the non-TK lounges are open all night and the food court still serves most dishes too.
Old May 25, 2012, 2:56 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by Tech1
I think it also depends on circumstances. TK0068 was delayed 7 hrs yesterday and many of us spent the entire night in there. (fantastic lounge btw although not the best place to have to spend the night)
there are few sleeping rooms near the showers

Old May 25, 2012, 3:10 am

Well, I'm going to tell myself that they were all full!!! Otherwise I'll feel like an idiot. Yeah, missed those on my walk around. Looks nice though!
Old May 25, 2012, 10:42 am

Programs: Emirates, Thai, TK
Originally Posted by Tech1
Well, I'm going to tell myself that they were all full!!! Otherwise I'll feel like an idiot. Yeah, missed those on my walk around. Looks nice though!
I believe that those sleeping rooms are only for the elite Plus card holders and very limited. I don't know if or how you can reserve them.
Old May 25, 2012, 3:50 pm

Programs: BA, TK, EK
Originally Posted by merijn
I believe that those sleeping rooms are only for the elite Plus card holders and very limited. I don't know if or how you can reserve them.
There is a sign at the sleeping-cabin-check-in desk with the policies; J pax are also entitled, I think.
Old May 3, 2014, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by father_ted
There is a sign at the sleeping-cabin-check-in desk with the policies; J pax are also entitled, I think.
I have slept in the lounge before without knowing about them. Are there more now that the lounge has been expanded? Are they difficult to reserve? I arrive at 5.45am from ICN and connect to FRU at 9.15pm so would like to use one for six hours at some point during the day.
Old May 4, 2014, 6:43 am
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
Sleeping rooms in IST lounge are nice but they are often occupied.
Old May 4, 2014, 10:04 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I have slept in the lounge before without knowing about them. Are there more now that the lounge has been expanded? Are they difficult to reserve? I arrive at 5.45am from ICN and connect to FRU at 9.15pm so would like to use one for six hours at some point during the day.
There's a sign next to those sleeping rooms.

1. The rooms are first come, first serve.
2. *G (so including all E and E+) may use it, but the scheduled connection has to be between 4 - 7 hours on the tickets.

4-6 am and 4-6 pm are the worst as 2 major banks of arrival from Asia and North America respectively so you pretty much have to be among the first to show up during those periods.

p.s. If anyone hasn't noticed, they expanded the lounge with gulf course downstairs. I never understand the logic here, they could've added more sleeping rooms for those additional spaces.
Old May 4, 2014, 11:33 am
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
Originally Posted by vincewy
There's a sign next to those sleeping rooms.

1. The rooms are first come, first serve.
2. *G (so including all E and E+) may use it, but the scheduled connection has to be between 4 - 7 hours on the tickets.

4-6 am and 4-6 pm are the worst as 2 major banks of arrival from Asia and North America respectively so you pretty much have to be among the first to show up during those periods.

p.s. If anyone hasn't noticed, they expanded the lounge with gulf course downstairs. I never understand the logic here, they could've added more sleeping rooms for those additional spaces.
Yes, they could also provide more shower rooms because showers have also waiting time at least 2 hours.
Old May 7, 2014, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by vincewy
So if it is greater than 7 hours, you cannot use them? That seems odd since there is a time limit on the rooms anyway, and some tickets have longer connections but still do not qualify for a hotel room per their rules. Why won't they let you use the sleeping room for simply 4-5 hours instead?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.