Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What lounge does TK use in BKK?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2018, 7:53 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by behyx
if i am departing on tk j in bkk, which is the best lounge can i use? I have no *a status, flying august 2019.

The new sq silverkris in bkk looks good. Am i able to use it?
1. Br
2. Sq
3. Tg
behyx and TPJ like this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 10:37 pm

How early does check in counters open for TK65? Is it 3 hours before dep?
Old Nov 19, 2018, 6:10 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by behyx
How early does check in counters open for TK65? Is it 3 hours before dep?
IMHO C-class counters open between 3.10 and 3.20 hours before TK65 departure time.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by TPJ
IMHO C-class counters open between 3.10 and 3.20 hours before TK65 departure time.
Excellent thanks!!
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:18 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by flyerby

1. Br
2. Sq
3. Tg
Food is much better at the SQ lounge though, too bad they don't have showers..
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by Granite64
Second that - SQ by a mile. Much better food, and a good lounge. BR looks nice but nothing to eat. TG is a miss - all of them.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 3:12 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by tr3k
BR looks nice but nothing to eat. .
It depends on the time of the day. After the last BR departure food gets worse. If you are early enough food will be great - I love Pad Thai they serve (replaced by mediocre pasta later in the evening)..
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I actually think the BR lounge has great food. They have mango sticky rice and coconuts to drink from. The Pad Thai is pretty decent. The pizza is incredible (and I normally don't like western food).
starflyergold likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 2:38 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
I actually think the BR lounge has great food. They have mango sticky rice and coconuts to drink from. The Pad Thai is pretty decent. The pizza is incredible (and I normally don't like western food).
Who eats western food in Thailand anyway
tr3k likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by TPJ
It depends on the time of the day. After the last BR departure food gets worse. If you are early enough food will be great - I love Pad Thai they serve (replaced by mediocre pasta later in the evening)..
What time is the last BR departure?
Last time I was there was around 5-6pm. I'll be at BKK earlier soon - will check it out.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
The last BR flights are the past midnight departure to TPE and the very early morning departure to AMS (the latter is not daily).
Old Nov 22, 2018, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Granite64
Agreed but forget about taking a shower at the BR lounge if you are not there 3 hours before departure. I missed the chance by waiting then a boat load of people flooding in at around 9pm and when I was asking for shower they said there's a 2 hour wait.

Forget about TG lounge - it's hopeless - you might think there should be a flagship lounge there - used that with QR once and was seriously disappointed (JL lounge was closed for renovation at that time).
Old Mar 19, 2019, 1:27 pm

Hi all,
So it appears that TK have their own dedicated lounge now in D concourse. I will be flying Business J ... does that restrict me to just the TK lounge, or can I explore others? And would I want to explore any others given that TK lounge is new? Not too pushed about a shower as we'll just have come from the hotel, mainly somewhere comfortable.

How soon before the flight (BKK - IST) can we check-in? Our flight isin't until 11pm - to be honest i'd like to be out at the airport relaxing as early as possible as even with late check out of approx 2pm, don't want to be hanging around BKK for too long (although our hotel has a lovely rooftop pool)
Old Mar 19, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
You can use any *A lounge. My preference is the BR lounge, but you can go visit all of them and decide for yourself which is best

Checkin opens 3-4 hours prior to departure, and I wouldn't plan to get to the airport any earlier than that.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
You can use any *A lounge. My preference is the BR lounge, but you can go visit all of them and decide for yourself which is best

Checkin opens 3-4 hours prior to departure, and I wouldn't plan to get to the airport any earlier than that.
Many thanks for the info. By *A I presume you mean Star Alliance? Do you, or anyone else reading, have a preference for BKK *A lounges? We're more after comfortable / airey seating rather than showers etc. (as mentioned, we'll just be coming from the hotel) - view isin't important either as it'll be getting dark.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.