Community
Wiki Posts
Search

turkish airline sucks

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2012, 5:15 am
Original Poster

turkish airline sucks

i am coming from turkish airline. my bag was broken and when i asked them. they said to visit them all the time like go there to give them my bag and then they'll repair it and then will send it back to me. i really had a worst travel experience in turkish airline. they are cheaters. they are always into searching a way to cheat people !
Old Mar 8, 2012, 5:26 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
Welcome to Flyertalk!

Your message omits several relevant details. On my first flight with TK I had the same issue after a IST-SIN flight. While in SIN, they collected the luggage from my hotel, delivered it repaired after 2 days, everybody happy.
Last year I flew HKG-IST-OTP and in OTP the luggage was damaged. in OTP they immediately gave me a replacement bag, as the cost of the repair would have been higher.

I guess one could say that my 2 positive experiences trump your negative experience, but in reality this is part of travel and so far TK is no better or worse than other airlines.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 6:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
What credit card did you use to book the flight? Chances are your card has got you covered for broken luggage.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Faian
i am coming from turkish airline. my bag was broken and when i asked them. they said to visit them all the time like go there to give them my bag and then they'll repair it and then will send it back to me. i really had a worst travel experience in turkish airline. they are cheaters. they are always into searching a way to cheat people !
Welcome to FT!
Care to share any more?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 11:25 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Yet another 'I flew them once and they suck' thread...

Lost/damaged baggage happens all the time with any airline...
Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
yep, another silly post. I guess the OT signed up for FT just to 'complain' about something that happens on ALL airlines.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Agree with the other posters re damaged or lost baggage ... happens with ANY airline (and far too often) ... no TK issue

Originally Posted by blackmamba
What credit card did you use to book the flight? Chances are your card has got you covered for broken luggage.
Well, only if the OP comes from the US. Travel insurance as part of credit card contracts is virtually unknown elsewhere, at least in Continental Europe. Certainly none of my (current or previous) credit cards includes such a coverage - not even as an optional feature. But I know from my US friends that theirs do ...
Old Mar 8, 2012, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by swiss_global
Agree with the other posters re damaged or lost baggage ... happens with ANY airline (and far too often) ... no TK issue

Well, only if the OP comes from the US. Travel insurance as part of credit card contracts is virtually unknown elsewhere, at least in Continental Europe. Certainly none of my (current or previous) credit cards includes such a coverage - not even as an optional feature. But I know from my US friends that theirs do ...
M&M CC once had one but they enhanced it about 10 years ago iirc.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Most Swedish CC has travel insurance covered if you paid for more than 75% of your ticket with that card.

Most Swedish home insurance also has travel insurance included.

OT should not be complaing about that since this happened to ALL airlines, even the big ones like LH, AF...... Our bags were delayed over 24 hours by LH 'n' times and we got $0 or any sort of compensation from them. If you want to protect yourself against delays and damaged, get your own travel insurance.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 1:08 am

Leaving aside the baggage issue (which folks have already pointed out can happen anywhere) I too recently flew TK for the first time...

..and was very impressed. OK, It was in C but even so... Excellent hard product (excellent flat bed.. very comfy!)... great service (on my flights.. that is of course another variable just like baggage!).. really enjoyable meals - and I like the method of meal service they use too....good IFE... excellent lounge at IST...

That was the (Cough, Cough) very special fare ex BKK.. but I have booked a normal C fare with them since then.. so it's pretty clear they got my attention! ^
Old Mar 9, 2012, 2:10 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Oh no, and I have two long-haul segments on TK in September. I'd better cancel.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 3:34 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
My recent experience

I recently flew BKK-IST and IST-CDG on TK on a J award ticket. The service, food and flight Bkk- IST was great, better than US airlines, the IST - CDG flight was on a old plane with not great seats but the service was fine and the food ok. Flying on an airline is like visiting a city, if your mood and is good, you meet the right people and have a good experience in a certain area you might love the city; another person might see the same place as unfriendly, unsafe and boring...
I think most airlines are about the same with luggage repair....
Old Mar 10, 2012, 11:55 am

I can only say that with the exception of the, often, rude tone of the numerous security agents in IST (but not TK employees), I was always very satisfied with TK on all aspects! As for suitcases being broken, I remember a trip with my wife to MEX 10 years ago when we arrived there with one completely broken piece of luggage (replaced and paid upon showing the receipt by KL) and another one broken on the way home (replaced and paid upon showing the receipt by A3).
Old Mar 10, 2012, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TG Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Faian
Did they repair it for you?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 8:27 pm
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
My suitcase arrived damaged on an IST-YYZ flight last year. The station manager at YYZ told me to buy any suitcase up to $350 and gave me cash on the day of my return flight at Pearson.

He said I could buy a more expensive suitcase but then the claim would have to be handled through the IST office as he was only authorized up to $350.

I was quite impressed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.