Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK M&S upgrade to business with miles, booking class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK MS E+/*G - AFKL FB G/ST E+ - LH MM - AB TB - BWR Diamond - HHo Gold - LCA Plat - Sixt Plat

If I upgrade a Y ticket to C using my miles on TK, what is the booking class of the ticket?
Do I get a award class (i.e. I get no miles at all), or do I get the miles as if flying coach (for which I paid cash), or the miles of C class?
Thanks for the answer.
Fr
Old Jan 22, 2012, 9:31 pm
tcm

Originally Posted by Frontliner
If I upgrade a Y ticket to C using my miles on TK, what is the booking class of the ticket?
Do I get a award class (i.e. I get no miles at all), or do I get the miles as if flying coach (for which I paid cash), or the miles of C class?
Thanks for the answer.
Fr
You will get credit according to your original booking class. In your case miles as if flying coach.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 10:01 am
fadynaime

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Frontliner
Thanks for the answer.
Fr
let me know if ur successful with ur upgrade. I couldn't upgrade from O (comfort class) to C. I was told that my booking class doesn't allow upgrade. it didn't make sense
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:10 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Liars, even A is upgradable, see the simple chart

http://www.turkishairlines.com/da-DK...s/upgrade.aspx

Another question, for flight segment like JFK-IST, if I'm booked TK002 in Comfort Class and suppose I have miles to upgrade that day, is it possible to both upgrade and switch to flight TK004 or TK012 if those 2 flights have J seats available?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.